Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Working on reviving this place as of 5/13/19

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this week
No user
Latest topics
» Academy ships
Suggestions to improve SDA's ADMINS? Emptyby Ticci Nub Kitty Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:06 pm

» Nub of the decade
Suggestions to improve SDA's ADMINS? Emptyby Oshu Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:42 am

» This place man...
Suggestions to improve SDA's ADMINS? Emptyby Nublyfe Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:21 am

» the post game
Suggestions to improve SDA's ADMINS? Emptyby Nublyfe Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:46 am

» Nub Pic up lines
Suggestions to improve SDA's ADMINS? Emptyby Nublyfe Fri May 17, 2019 4:38 pm

» Bruh I love my life. This is my Journal
Suggestions to improve SDA's ADMINS? Emptyby Nublyfe Fri May 17, 2019 4:38 pm

» These are MTG decks if you say they're yugioh decks i'll LICK YOU
Suggestions to improve SDA's ADMINS? Emptyby Auirex Thu May 16, 2019 2:21 pm

» Classic WoW Release date confirmed!
Suggestions to improve SDA's ADMINS? Emptyby Auirex Thu May 16, 2019 12:29 am

» A thread of quotes
Suggestions to improve SDA's ADMINS? Emptyby Auirex Thu May 16, 2019 12:27 am

» One of those tough decisionss you gotta make
Suggestions to improve SDA's ADMINS? Emptyby Auirex Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:19 am

» Reply to this thread to die instantly
Suggestions to improve SDA's ADMINS? Emptyby Auirex Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:16 am

Suggestions to improve SDA's ADMINS?

Go down 
+9
Myrtenaster
Adele's Flip-Phone.
Tamashii
TheDruelingMonkeY
Firebreath
Alpha Tortoise
Alisae
Auirex
JessWolfa
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
The cutest grill
Admin
Admin
The cutest grill

Character sheet
Name:
Health:
Suggestions to improve SDA's ADMINS? Left_bar_bleue0/0Suggestions to improve SDA's ADMINS? Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Mana:
Suggestions to improve SDA's ADMINS? Left_bar_bleue0/0Suggestions to improve SDA's ADMINS? Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Suggestions to improve SDA's ADMINS? Empty
PostSubject: Suggestions to improve SDA's ADMINS?   Suggestions to improve SDA's ADMINS? EmptyTue Oct 27, 2015 2:36 pm

So lately I've been feeling, idk I guess disconnected with SDA? I feel bad about it and I want to get more hands on with our community here, to be more active with you guys.

And then I look at Gaj and Zero, and they're not active at all either, then I came to the realization that they don't really care at all about SDA whatsoever. So hopefully this thread will sort of, idk make them realize that their is an issue too?

So, guys do you have ANY suggestions on how to improve SDA? Should we hold more events? What's on your guys's minds?

Give us constructive criticism please, I really want to do more stuff with you guys.
Back to top Go down
JessWolfa
JessWolfa

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions to improve SDA's ADMINS?   Suggestions to improve SDA's ADMINS? EmptyTue Oct 27, 2015 2:51 pm

Well, When this was aka we used to do things like Cards Of Humanity, that Bored Board Game. Generally their was always something. Now your be lucky if anyone even dueled.
Back to top Go down
Auirex
Admin
Admin
Auirex

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions to improve SDA's ADMINS?   Suggestions to improve SDA's ADMINS? EmptyTue Oct 27, 2015 2:56 pm

Aye. I think we've got a few more members that are willing to duel. we should try a smaller tournament to get things kicked off.
Back to top Go down
Alisae
Diamond
Diamond
Alisae

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions to improve SDA's ADMINS?   Suggestions to improve SDA's ADMINS? EmptyTue Oct 27, 2015 3:38 pm

JessWolfa wrote:
Well,  When this was aka we used to do things like Cards Of Humanity, that Bored Board Game. Generally their was always something. Now your be lucky if anyone even dueled.
As an event manager myself, I was thinking of some events like these, like another thing we could do is karaoke night.
large kid wrote:
Aye. I think we've got a few more members that are willing to duel. we should try a smaller tournament to get things kicked off.
What have I been doing? Encouraging a lot of YGO related events. Do people participate in them? That's a different story.

Mokie, I can give some feedback when I´m not at school. I would write something now but I would probably end up writing a bunch of paragraphs, and I don´t have the time for that right now.

Last edited by Sæ on Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Alpha Tortoise
Alpha Tortoise

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions to improve SDA's ADMINS?   Suggestions to improve SDA's ADMINS? EmptyTue Oct 27, 2015 3:51 pm

well this isn't really a duel academy anymore
its more of a rp sometimes people arnt interested in the rp and that's the only thing people r talking about and this is why I thought we had titanpad and stuff
Back to top Go down
Firebreath
Diamond
Diamond
Firebreath

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions to improve SDA's ADMINS?   Suggestions to improve SDA's ADMINS? EmptyTue Oct 27, 2015 6:24 pm

Uhhhhh no. Keep it the same
Back to top Go down
TheDruelingMonkeY
TheDruelingMonkeY

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions to improve SDA's ADMINS?   Suggestions to improve SDA's ADMINS? EmptyTue Oct 27, 2015 7:16 pm

I don't really see a problem with it so i kinda want it the same but i dont rp so probs wouldnt be any diffrent for me i think.
Back to top Go down
Alisae
Diamond
Diamond
Alisae

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions to improve SDA's ADMINS?   Suggestions to improve SDA's ADMINS? EmptyTue Oct 27, 2015 8:02 pm

Firebreath wrote:
Uhhhhh no. Keep it the same
Change is good. What you do not understand is that, here is our current admin team. We have Gaj and Zero, which mokie explained, we have Valky who is barley on and can only do so much, then we have mokie who is doing just about everything else. I don't know about you, but this is NOT healthy for the academy. Also, nothing about the academy according to this thread is really changing, except for how the admin staff operate, and what they need to do.

And no matter how hard we try, lets just face it, we're not going to stop talking about RP in the chat. We did everything we could, and the next best solution would be to get avac, which Mokie does not want to do because making CSS for that is difficult (even though I have templates she could use but still). And even so, its not worth it. At least thats what I've heard from Mokie about avac.

Here are some improve SDA's Admins: You get a new admin. Someone that the admin team knows will greatly benefit the admin team, and can give something back to the academy. We know Gaj and Zero aren't doing anything to help. I know that Gaj is trying to make an effort, but from what I've seen, he and Zero have not done anything themselves that gives back to the academy with the tools that they have. Honestly, they would probably be better if they were mods. The only thing they actually do is point related, and any of the admins should be able to do that. They don't add anything new to the admin team.

We have Valky, who is already doing what he can with the RP section as is. And he is already busy with things from what I am observing.

And then there is you, mokie. You do pretty much all of the main work within the ACP, mostly the coding stuff. You also handle mods and basically, you do everything. Hell, you do too much. Mater of fact, I could even say that we only have 2 admins, You and Valky. I'm not counting Zero and Gaj because I don't see what they do that is special and geared towards the admin team. You are making up for just about everything that they are not doing.

So, you need to balance out your admin team. 3-4 admins is preferably a good number to have. Honestly I prefer 3. But before you can do anything, you need to get rid of your current admins, and/or hire a new one.

Also Mokie, the way you handle putting someone on trial when it comes for mod you can go about better. Basically what I mean is, your making the mistake of telling that person that they are on a trial. This is probably more personal towards you sense you handle the mods, but if you want to know more about what I mean, I can tell ya on steam or just tell ya what I mean to your PMs.

As for loading times and graphics, Basically re size the graphics on the academy handbook to 100x300 (MAX), and then get rid of the rest of the graphics (assuming you keep the one for the main banner). Loading times and you would only keep the graphics on the academy handbook because thats what hooks a new user in to join the acad. Also get rid of the "Members connected during last 24 hours" thingy. It can actually boost activity for some weird scientific reason. Or you re size all of them to being 100x300 (MAX) and they should be the same size, otherwise they are just going to end up being destructive. If you want advice on the forum itself, ask for reviews in the forumotion support forums, they have some good designers that would give you a good piece of advice on how to improve your forum appearance.

You should also clean up your menu and make a design for it. Gaj may not want to be like other academies, but what Gaj does not understand, is that having a menu design works. It makes the academy look nice and not like it was poorly designed. Even so, you should probably clean it up anyways and add some more important links, while you take out the less important ones.

Now, I already did this with combing teachers and testers. But this can be taken a step further. You could combine Teachers, and Event Managers to make your 3 lowest staff group. Assistants, Professors, I'm sure you can come up with a good name. But basically this is the lowest group of staff, that basically does the testing, hosts the events. It makes the group legend less cloggy. And this 3rd group would get its own private forum too that they share with the mods and admins. Its not just admins and mods that make up staff, it would be these guys as well.

Also you would cut out the GFX artist rank, and the special nub rank. Really no one cares about whos a special nub when you're viewing the forum, and the GFX artist rank just really seems unneeded to me. If anything, when we get posting ranks, you can make GFX artist a special posting rank. It just makes more sense. You don't need to let others know about them, it doesn't mean anything to new members or visitors browsing your forum. The point of this is to have less groups and only keeping the important groups, having way too many groups is meaningless.

Now, it should not just be me, or the admins hosting events. It should be the entire staff team (Mods + Admins + Assistant/Prof/Whatever) that should be hosting events. You have the people, with the current 3-4 admins, 4 mods, and idunno how many of the last category, you can host up to 7 events at the same tirne. Like 5 tournaments and 2 events in between or something.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions to improve SDA's ADMINS?   Suggestions to improve SDA's ADMINS? EmptyTue Oct 27, 2015 10:21 pm

I won't comment on the gfx thing because I am super biased being a GFX designer and all. I think the issue is lack of members along with lack of events. While I think Gaj and Zero should be on more, I don't feel it is necessary affecting the overall performance of the Academy persay.
Back to top Go down
Alisae
Diamond
Diamond
Alisae

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions to improve SDA's ADMINS?   Suggestions to improve SDA's ADMINS? EmptyTue Oct 27, 2015 10:29 pm

Neopolitan wrote:
I think the issue is lack of members along with lack of events.
YGO related events don't work, I tried hosting some rather recently and I couldn't get people to join them. As for the members, this is interesting. Because we have the user base that we don't need to recruit, but with just about mostly every new member we gotten, they ran off. And thats because we're so close together as a family, that they are just not used to it. And as a family, we have issues accepting new ones into our family.
Neopolitan wrote:
While I think Gaj and Zero should be on more, I don't feel it is necessary affecting the overall performance of the Academy persay.
It may not be effecting the performance of the academy, but the performance of the acad is being held up by one person: Mokie (and RP). Mokie does soo much. And what will happen if one day, Mokie resigns? I'm not saying this is something that would happen, but if it did happen, it would be something we don't want to see as a community.
Back to top Go down
JessWolfa
JessWolfa

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions to improve SDA's ADMINS?   Suggestions to improve SDA's ADMINS? EmptyWed Oct 28, 2015 3:32 am

As far as Gfx, and slowling down lag, their is multipal ways to do it, and removing them completely generally is a massive turn of. For me at least. To Change this consider doing the following

1. Resize doen to 100x300 like you said.
2. Don't use the box, which formation gives u for an image. But instead use the description area
Code:
 [url=?????][img][/img][/url]

You could also, use instant Hubs, additionally. Eg instead of having forums
Purple
Blue
Yellow
Red
You have

Dorms [With small banners to link, to each of the above within 1 form
http://gxacademy.4rumer.com/ [Example of instance hub here, though This was never finished and i was more playing around with the stuff, at this academy after it died, and everyone moved to Aka after a person called Yuna staged a ku.

Duel Academy used to use, an instant hub on their homepage before they changed up, recently

Back to top Go down
Auirex
Admin
Admin
Auirex

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions to improve SDA's ADMINS?   Suggestions to improve SDA's ADMINS? EmptyWed Oct 28, 2015 9:33 am

m8s we gots a decent pool of people to pick from that can help out. The solution is simple. y'all work on finding someone new while I try to convince Gaj and Zero to either come back or resign. Because yes, i'm absolutely done with feeling like I have to be on all the time to help mokes out even if I don't really do that much TO help. And yes, that's how I feel about this place. One of the main two reasons was that I didn't want her to be on her own or at the very least down a moddie because I left. The other reason is more personal than that so I won't disclose it. At the very least i'll work up the stardust to get an event liscense and start a few of those.
Back to top Go down
Alisae
Diamond
Diamond
Alisae

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions to improve SDA's ADMINS?   Suggestions to improve SDA's ADMINS? EmptyWed Oct 28, 2015 11:11 am

Back to top Go down
Tamashii
Diamond
Diamond
Tamashii

Character sheet
Name: Tamashii
Health:
Suggestions to improve SDA's ADMINS? Left_bar_bleue1/1Suggestions to improve SDA's ADMINS? Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)
Mana:

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions to improve SDA's ADMINS?   Suggestions to improve SDA's ADMINS? EmptyWed Oct 28, 2015 12:13 pm

The thing I'm wondering is, and I know how this is going to sound, but hear me out...

Why do we need more people? I get that we're an academy and we should be looking to expand and whatnot, but the fact of the matter is, every time someone new comes on and they see our "escapades" so to speak, they get turned away, and recently with all of the new people coming in there's been a lot of negativity among them. My point is, from what I've seen at least, we've been pretty happy and content among each other. We laugh, we joke, and we have a good time, and if the new people don't want to do that and instead want to mock us or bring in a whole new set of negativity (pot calling the kettle black, I know), then why put so much stress on ourselves just for the sake of bringing in new people when we're already happy the way we are? That's just for the recruitment stuff...

As for having more admins and such, I do agree that we need way more people in authority than just the usual, and this isn't calling shots at them, but Zero and Gajeel have been consistently planning on leaving, which got me to realize that should they leave, that only leaves Valky, who is barely on, and Mokes, who's been doing everything from the get-go. We should either have more admins put in place, or at least appoint current mods to be "substitutes," where if one of the admins leaves or resigns, that mod can take their place. The mod would be informed ahead of time so they know what to expect should something happen, and if that mod is chosen as a substitute, then we'd just need to appoint another mod to take their place. These are all just my suggestions so you don't have to listen, but I just thought it'd be a decent idea...
Back to top Go down
Adele's Flip-Phone.
Adele's Flip-Phone.

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions to improve SDA's ADMINS?   Suggestions to improve SDA's ADMINS? EmptyWed Oct 28, 2015 2:44 pm

Honestly - I have a lot of opinions on staff. These opinions would be the following:-

- I feel like Gaj should resign, as well as Zero. Over the past while, they have not been contributing to the forum in a way I would see as good. Moka is making any decisions that are important in the academy - and I don't feel like she wants to do so alone. Hiring 2-3 more admins that are competent and have an idea of how to actually run an academy may be in the best interests of SDA.

- Can we also PLEASE get rid of the minerature Gaj's? They are repulsive to look at.

But that's just my 2 cents.
Back to top Go down
Auirex
Admin
Admin
Auirex

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions to improve SDA's ADMINS?   Suggestions to improve SDA's ADMINS? EmptyWed Oct 28, 2015 3:05 pm

Luster_Beast_Luke wrote:

- Can we also PLEASE get rid of the minerature Gaj's? They are repulsive to look at.

LOOOOL GAJ IS PRETTY UGLY HUH?
Back to top Go down
Alisae
Diamond
Diamond
Alisae

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions to improve SDA's ADMINS?   Suggestions to improve SDA's ADMINS? EmptyWed Oct 28, 2015 3:19 pm

Luster_Beast_Luke wrote:
I feel like Gaj should resign, as well as Zero. Over the past while, they have not been contributing to the forum in a way I would see as good. Moka is making any decisions that are important in the academy - and I don't feel like she wants to do so alone. Hiring 2-3 more admins that are competent and have an idea of how to actually run an academy may be in the best interests of SDA.
If Gaj and Zero were to no longer be admins, the magic number for admins is 3. 4 works, but 3 works really well. So yes, we may need a new admin, but 4 can be a bit much, and 5 is a lot. I don't think we really need 5 admins. Hell I think 4 admins is also a bit much. What works is 3 admins, 3 mods, and then if my idea were to be implemented about combing event managers, and teachers, 3 of those.

Also another thing I disagree with is like there being like a HEAD modlerator and that stuff. The staff team as a whole is one big group. Everyone should be on an equal level. The only think that makes admins different from mods and the other lower levels of staff that is mostly me, is that they have excess to the ACP. So as an admin team, if for example the moddies or even me see that our bosses are failing, we should be able to see that and work harder.

Edit 5 mins later: A good admin should always be on the same level as their staffers. We should be able to do work without someone telling us to. Because it should not mater if I am an event manager as well as the head teacher, and mokie is an admin. We are all equal. Plus, once you see that you are more equal, we can be able to feel that we are able to be more honest with the rest of the staff team about their opinion and will seek and find out ways to improve an acad without even asking.
Back to top Go down
Firebreath
Diamond
Diamond
Firebreath

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions to improve SDA's ADMINS?   Suggestions to improve SDA's ADMINS? EmptyWed Oct 28, 2015 5:36 pm

Ok here are my thoughts. The structure of a place such as this one, shouldn't be so fucking strong, or thick. We have luna who is always online when she can, we have other mods who are always online or i always see them, and i always see Mokie xd we honestly dont need anymore staff after that. And its been so peacefull with the occasional Roleplaying arguments which die out on their own or never get so fucking big that the mods have to come in. Like honestly, no need for more. The mods, have the power to ban and everything. And whenever Gaj and Zero do come in, thats good. But Dazo you're taking this way too seriously, need to come down x-x.

No need to ditch Zero or Gaj, Gaj is the owner in the first place x-x upper most priority goes to him, for respect. Zero. Is zero he is nub which is how this place started, if we go serious this place dies. If we go on doing our thing. This place strives. You know my vote, but i worry about everyone elses choice. Yall will kill this place if this change happens. Thats all
Back to top Go down
Myrtenaster
Diamond
Diamond
Myrtenaster

Character sheet
Name:
Health:
Suggestions to improve SDA's ADMINS? Left_bar_bleue100/100Suggestions to improve SDA's ADMINS? Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Mana:
Suggestions to improve SDA's ADMINS? Left_bar_bleue100/100Suggestions to improve SDA's ADMINS? Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions to improve SDA's ADMINS?   Suggestions to improve SDA's ADMINS? EmptyWed Oct 28, 2015 5:57 pm

I think that we should stop putting ourselves on the spot. This person wants to do this, this person wants to do that. Leave things as they are and let the pieces fall into place, keep things running but prepare for when the inevitable drastic event happens, and when it does we'll be prepared. 
Example: If an admin resigns, as Tama suggested earlier, have mods fill in as substitutes.

And also; You guys need to stop starting up new things. The RPs, I get, but all the stuff Dazo suggested is an overflow, and then there's Neccles and his Dranire stuff, and The RP Boot Camp...you need to cut back. Let the event managers handle it, and even when they do, try not to organize too much stuff. I know you're an event manager, Dazo, but I think you can cut back just a smidge...

Finally, if Moka feels like no one else cares about SDA, I think we need to introduce a new admin, someone who's on a lot and who really cares about this place, who doesn't want to see it die.
Back to top Go down
Lunarnox
Diamond
Diamond
Lunarnox

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions to improve SDA's ADMINS?   Suggestions to improve SDA's ADMINS? EmptyWed Oct 28, 2015 7:03 pm

Might as well post something here, fair warning its probably going to be rather jumbled.

Considering this topic is suggestions for improving the Admins and not the forum itself most of what dazo has said about combining groups and cutting gfx and other things is completely irrelevant to the topic.

Anyway, Yeh, gaj and zero are almost never on and really don't do anything. Granted Valk is on LESS than Gajeel so there is that, and not really sure how much valk does regarding the RP anyway, I had a 'discussion' with him about not interfering a great deal with some time ago. So we have 3 admins who are almost never on and quite frankly don't really do all that much from what I can see, then there is moka who gets stuck with everything simply by virtue of being the only admin who is ever on. As for mods well necro never logs on to main chat, dunno what's up with that thought he fixed his comp, maybe not oh well. Then we have kid who is on often and he will do stuff, but the stress of being a mod and having to deal with certain individuals has been getting to him quite a lot recently. Maybe take a short break? not resign or anything but kid, you need a vacation. Who's next? Ruby: She's on often enough, when she isnt playing LoL, csgo or the like which is actually rather often... AFK a lot but so am I.. She does stuff like GFX, or at least is supposed to be and does modding stuff in chat too, except in her attempts to be 'unbiased' she tends to be far more strict than is necessary and can even come off as 'unfair' in some instances, at least towards me. Coming from the Nazi Tyrant Bitch who lorded over acads with an iron fist crushing people left and right with the ban hammer for so much complaining about the rules says something. Then again maybe I'm more lenient about things here on account of the fact that while our rules have been revamped (and this is a good thing) it really is a rather small list, it's like less than 5, and most of those are to the discretion of the staff. And then there's me. I'm almost always on, not always paying attention to this tab but nearly always sitting in front of my computer and i'm REALLY easy to get in contact with. Thing is though, I really dont much like doing mod things cuz I still think if I so much as give someone a warning they're going to cry power abuse and I'll lose mod instantly. I really need to get over that... Lost my train of thought as I type this, rather unfortunate. Oh well.

Now lets recap! Gajeel Zero and Valk are almost never on and dont do anything. Moka is on and thus has to do everything. We got 4 mods, one is never on, one is sorta on and bit strict, one is on a lot but is going crazy from stress and one is too busy freaking about about losing mod to do anything. Now if we're going to replace or add more admins we're not going to "hire" anyone new randoms, the admins need to be picked from those four mods, then we probably need new mods to replace them! We all know how hard that's going to be.

My suggestion for admins? Nothing. Most of you are not on enough and besides, this place is running quite nicely as is. In short everything I wrote is a completely and utterly pointless rant about absolutely nothing!
Back to top Go down
Alisae
Diamond
Diamond
Alisae

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions to improve SDA's ADMINS?   Suggestions to improve SDA's ADMINS? EmptyWed Oct 28, 2015 8:06 pm

Firebreath wrote:
Ok here are my thoughts. The structure of a place such as this one, shouldn't be so fucking strong, or thick. We have luna who is always online when she can, we have other mods who are always online or i always see them, and i always see Mokie xd we honestly dont need anymore staff after that.
Well, your not really taking into consideration the 2 admins that aren't doing anything, and the one admin that is constantly busy with stuff (Valky). Like I said, mods may not be an issue, but the admin staff is.
Firebreath wrote:
And its been so peacefull with the occasional Roleplaying arguments which die out on their own or never get so fucking big that the mods have to come in. Like honestly, no need for more.
Are you like living in a dream world? When the RPing community is not around, most of the time I just see chaos and situations where mods have to do things.
Firebreath wrote:
The mods, have the power to ban and everything. And whenever Gaj and Zero do come in, thats good. But Dazo you're taking this way too seriously, need to come down x-x.
I'm taking this seriously, because I want to help improve the academy that I come to just about everyday and enjoy. If there are things that this place should improve upon, and we have someone like Mokie who wants to know what those things are, you know dam well I am going to speak.

Firebreath wrote:
No need to ditch Zero or Gaj, Gaj is the owner in the first place x-x upper most priority goes to him, for respect. Zero. Is zero he is nub which is how this place started, if we go serious this place dies. If we go on doing our thing. This place strives. You know my vote, but i worry about everyone elses choice. Yall will kill this place if this change happens. Thats all
I really doubt it. If this place gets a tiny bit more serious, then nothing will change. Plus i've seen serious situations all dam week and just chaos and drama. Change is good Fire. Maybe you should learn from it once and awhile. Plus, you only like it so you can continue with how your act and your personality. Plus, you don't notice change if it happens slowly in the short term, but in the long term, you really notice change. This place changed long term from before summer to after summer.

Holy Night Priscilla wrote:
And also; You guys need to stop starting up new things. The RPs, I get, but all the stuff Dazo suggested is an overflow, and then there's Neccles and his Dranire stuff, and The RP Boot Camp...you need to cut back. Let the event managers handle it, and even when they do, try not to organize too much stuff. I know you're an event manager, Dazo, but I think you can cut back just a smidge...
What event managers? You mean me? Cause I'm the only one. And even when I do organize stuff, nothing happens. Starting new things is what brings new life into the acad, and starting new things is what  give us something to do and not be so dam bored all the time.

Lunarnox wrote:
Considering this topic is suggestions for improving the Admins and not the forum itself most of what dazo has said about combining groups and cutting gfx and other things is completely irrelevant to the topic.
You read the OP right? Let me remind you what Mokie said:
M̛̙̦̣̩͓̜̯͔̼̺ͧ̾̆̄ͧ͌̚͢ỏ̎͐ wrote:
So, guys do you have ANY suggestions on how to improve SDA? Should we hold more events? What's on your guys's minds?
I state my case.

Lunarnox wrote:
Anyway, Yeh, gaj and zero are almost never on and really don't do anything. Granted Valk is on LESS than Gajeel so there is that, and not really sure how much valk does regarding the RP anyway, I had a 'discussion' with him about not interfering a great deal with some time ago. So we have 3 admins who are almost never on and quite frankly don't really do all that much from what I can see, then there is moka who gets stuck with everything simply by virtue of being the only admin who is ever on.
Therefore, The admin staff needs to be reconfigured because obviously, our admin staff themselves is quite lacking.

Lunarnox wrote:
As for mods well necro never logs on to main chat, dunno what's up with that thought he fixed his comp, maybe not oh well.
He defintiely fixed his chat, and he spends more time on skype then he does on SDA's chat.
Lunarnox wrote:
Then we have kid who is on often and he will do stuff, but the stress of being a mod and having to deal with certain individuals has been getting to him quite a lot recently. Maybe take a short break? not resign or anything but kid, you need a vacation.
I keep on telling Kid this a lot, he doesn't listen. I dunno why.
Lunarnox wrote:
Who's next? Ruby: She's on often enough, when she isnt playing LoL, csgo or the like which is actually rather often... AFK a lot but so am I..
Here is a huge problem I see. If you as a mod are AFK, then drama happens and you need to be there to see it when you are clearly AFK, you should not be in the chat. If you are going to be a mod, you have to sit there and WATCH the chat. Otherwise just don't log on the chat. You have ONE job. And that is to WATCH chat. It looks bad if you are not WATCHING chat.

Lunarnox wrote:
She does stuff like GFX, or at least is supposed to be and does modding stuff in chat too, except in her attempts to be 'unbiased' she tends to be far more strict than is necessary and can even come off as 'unfair' in some instances, at least towards me. Coming from the Nazi Tyrant Bitch who lorded over acads with an iron fist crushing people left and right with the ban hammer for so much complaining about the rules says something. Then again maybe I'm more lenient about things here on account of the fact that while our rules have been revamped (and this is a good thing) it really is a rather small list, it's like less than 5, and most of those are to the discretion of the staff.
Well everyone has their own take on the job. Its just modding styles, someone are very harsh, some are really lenient.

Lunarnox wrote:
And then there's me. I'm almost always on, not always paying attention to this tab but nearly always sitting in front of my computer and i'm REALLY easy to get in contact with.
Really? Even though your on DN a lot of the time, and you do have skype, any other way is pretty hard to contact you and get your attention. Plus if your not paying attention to chat, but you are a mod, doens't that sorta defeat the purpose?

Lunarnox wrote:
Thing is though, I really dont much like doing mod things cuz I still think if I so much as give someone a warning they're going to cry power abuse and I'll lose mod instantly. I really need to get over that... Lost my train of thought as I type this, rather unfortunate. Oh well.
That's just your demons screaming at you. I mean, this could ALSO be at the fault of Mokie BECAUSE (And a lot of academies have do this to), they will have the mindset of "Fuck up once, Demote." And that is NOT a healthy mindset. Mokie did that with Tama from what I've seen, and really, how this should be approached is if an admin sees you are doing something wrong, that admin should contact you either through PM or through some other method like DN or Skype and be like "Don't do this." Or if its more serious "I want to get a formal warning that you did this, and its not okay." Plus, if Mokie is seeing that her moddies could handle a situation better, Mokie should tell those mods how they could have handled it better.

Lunarnox wrote:
Now lets recap! Gajeel Zero and Valk are almost never on and dont do anything. Moka is on and thus has to do everything. We got 4 mods, one is never on, one is sorta on and bit strict, one is on a lot but is going crazy from stress and one is too busy freaking about about losing mod to do anything. Now if we're going to replace or add more admins we're not going to "hire" anyone new randoms, the admins need to be picked from those four mods, then we probably need new mods to replace them! We all know how hard that's going to be.
And this is because our community is so shit and immature, that makes Mokie's life difficult on finding people to replace those moddies. Everyone here is either immature, powerhungry, doesn't want it, doesn't give back to SDA at all, or just is not fit for it at all.

Lunarnox wrote:
My suggestion for admins? Nothing. Most of you are not on enough and besides, this place is running quite nicely as is. In short everything I wrote is a completely and utterly pointless rant about absolutely nothing!
Yeah, things are going smoothly. The best thing the admins could do right now, is look at our feedback and decide "do we want to impliment this or no." And rework the staff.

Also Mokie, you should be able to run against Gaj, and make decisions. Like for example, have a menu design, or disable the toolbar you hate so much. You should be able to have the power to do that. And Gaj may say that he doesn't want to be like other acads, but other acads do it because it works. And if Gaj is not happy with it and he demotes you, then SDA will fall apart, and in the end, it will be all his fault because "He didn't want to be like other academies." And we are already not like other academies either, we have a ton of people, and we're alive. If we were to die like most academies nowadays, we would fall apart.
Back to top Go down
Firebreath
Diamond
Diamond
Firebreath

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions to improve SDA's ADMINS?   Suggestions to improve SDA's ADMINS? EmptyWed Oct 28, 2015 8:15 pm

@_@. You. Are. Really. Into. This. So. Fucking. Hard. Someone. Give this man Admin so he can stop x-x.
Back to top Go down
Alisae
Diamond
Diamond
Alisae

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions to improve SDA's ADMINS?   Suggestions to improve SDA's ADMINS? EmptyWed Oct 28, 2015 8:22 pm

Firebreath wrote:
@_@. You. Are. Really. Into. This. So. Fucking. Hard. Someone. Give this man Admin so he can stop x-x.
Is there something wrong with being really into this? I don't see the problem.
Back to top Go down
GajeelFx
GajeelFx

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions to improve SDA's ADMINS?   Suggestions to improve SDA's ADMINS? EmptyWed Oct 28, 2015 8:23 pm

Although i dont know exactly how to react to all of these replies, i do feel guilty cuz this past week ive been pretty much spending most of my time with bae that by the time she goes to sleep i would join here and i wouldnt do anything ._. im not sure about zero cuz i havent even seen him on league either, maybe hes busy with "college" (scrub lies). I do apologize for not being active alot this past week but i mean what would u do if u encountered an old friend from 5 years ago :/. in short i will try to focus on sda a bit more now. again i apologize nubs ._./
Back to top Go down
https://satellar.forumotion.com
Alisae
Diamond
Diamond
Alisae

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions to improve SDA's ADMINS?   Suggestions to improve SDA's ADMINS? EmptyWed Oct 28, 2015 8:32 pm

Gajeel Redfox wrote:
Although i dont know exactly how to react to all of these replies, i do feel guilty cuz this past week ive been pretty much spending most of my time with bae that by the time she goes to sleep i would join here and i wouldnt do anything ._. im not sure about zero cuz i havent even seen him on league either, maybe hes busy with "college" (scrub lies). I do apologize for not being active alot this past week but i mean what would u do if u encountered an old friend from 5 years ago :/. in short i will try to focus on sda a bit more now.
Thats fine, life does that to us and life should be prioritized over SDA, but I am curious, how are you going to focus on SDA? Like what are you going to actually do that will make people say "We have admins that are doing things." And even so, how are you going to keep and maintain that focus on SDA to help make sure it flourishes and is the best it can be.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions to improve SDA's ADMINS?   Suggestions to improve SDA's ADMINS? Empty

Back to top Go down

Suggestions to improve SDA's ADMINS?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next