Working on reviving this place as of 5/13/19
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Log in
Username:
Password:
Log in automatically: 
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this week
Latest topics
» Nub Pic up lines
Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition? Emptyby Nublyfe Fri May 17, 2019 4:38 pm

» Bruh I love my life. This is my Journal
Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition? Emptyby Nublyfe Fri May 17, 2019 4:38 pm

» These are MTG decks if you say they're yugioh decks i'll LICK YOU
Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition? Emptyby Auirex Thu May 16, 2019 2:21 pm

» Classic WoW Release date confirmed!
Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition? Emptyby Auirex Thu May 16, 2019 12:29 am

» A thread of quotes
Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition? Emptyby Auirex Thu May 16, 2019 12:27 am

» One of those tough decisionss you gotta make
Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition? Emptyby Auirex Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:19 am

» Reply to this thread to die instantly
Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition? Emptyby Auirex Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:16 am

» Sweet mother of god
Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition? Emptyby Myrtenaster Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:52 pm

» Hey hoes ;0
Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition? Emptyby Auirex Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:09 am

» This place man...
Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition? Emptyby Auirex Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:00 pm

» Hey peeps :)
Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition? Emptyby Brainwashed Cow Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:54 pm




Share
 

 Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition?

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Zkillerthriller
Member
Member
Zkillerthriller

Posts : 269
Join date : 2015-02-20

Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition? Empty
PostSubject: Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition?   Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition? EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 5:06 pm

So, the basic equation is V=BCxP-M

To explain it more in-depth: "V" is Victory (winning the game), "BC" is "best choice" (what the best option in terms of having the most positive outcome for the player AND his teammates), "P" is the players on the team, and "M" is mistakes (the mistakes players on the team commit).

Bet you didn't understand that, so below is a more in-depth explanation.

So, the more in-depth explanation is: in order to guarantee victory in a game, all the players constantly do what favors themselves AND their team the most without comitting mistakes. If they all do that constantly, without mistakes, victory could in theory be guaranteed.

Of course, winning would also be possible, even when comitting mistakes, but it would not be guaranteed.

So yeah, this is the really basic explanation, I'm working on something that can prove it's right. And I also don't think it will work in Yugioh, as it is a luckbased game, but I definitely think it could improve your chances!

Sorry if it's confusing, but I definitely want your feedback on what you think of the concept, or any flaws you see with it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Valkoor
Diamond
Diamond
Valkoor

Posts : 1105
Join date : 2015-02-17
Location : Some dude's basement

Character sheet
Name: Echo Caecus
Health:
Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition? Left_bar_bleue100/100Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition? Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Mana:
Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition? Left_bar_bleue100/100Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition? Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition?   Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition? EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 5:42 pm

@Zkillerthriller wrote:
So, the more in-depth explanation is: in order to guarantee victory in a game, all the players constantly do what favors themselves AND their team the most without comitting mistakes. If they all do that constantly, without mistakes, victory could in theory be guaranteed.

You just described being good at a game. Was an equation necessary? :l
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zkillerthriller
Member
Member
Zkillerthriller

Posts : 269
Join date : 2015-02-20

Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition?   Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition? EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 6:01 pm

Isn't that what math does? "David has 6 candies, his brother Jake eats 3 of them. How many candies does David have left?" That would be "6-3=?" in mathematical language.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Necruta
Member
Member
Necruta

Posts : 264
Join date : 2015-05-27
Age : 24
Location : The Netherlands

Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition?   Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition? EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 6:27 pm

Math doesn't explain that Jake is a dick.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nublyfe
Admin
Admin
Nublyfe

Posts : 959
Join date : 2014-09-09
Location : planet vegeta

Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition?   Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition? EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 7:05 pm

@Necruta wrote:
Math doesn't explain that Jake is a dick.
fucking jake.

you could sort of use it for ygo because its not totally luck based ;-;

_________________
Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition? OnsFnA9
Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition? 8HlTzge

#retro
Spoiler:
 

no jams for nao o.o
https://i.imgur.com/nAl9j6q.png forgets the rest of the convo
fakepolo is such a fakepolo nublet it hurts http://prntscr.com/68a6g9 o.o deres a time and place for that .-.

http://prntscr.com/8fqtaq HYPE HYPE


#NUBSQUAAAAD

Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition? D32a22e725bcec282b4291d09b23fdf2
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheDruelingMonkeY
Member
Member
TheDruelingMonkeY

Posts : 164
Join date : 2015-04-17
Age : 16
Location : Sweden

Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition?   Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition? EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 5:02 pm

DONT YOU DARE USE MAH NAME (David >:I) ESPECIALY NOT WITH SOMETHING INVOLVING MATH
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Myrtenaster
Diamond
Diamond
Myrtenaster

Posts : 1628
Join date : 2015-06-25
Age : 20
Location : Oh, you know, just...around.

Character sheet
Name:
Health:
Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition? Left_bar_bleue100/100Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition? Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Mana:
Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition? Left_bar_bleue100/100Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition? Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition?   Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition? EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 5:43 pm

Wow, that's really cool. I'll have to show that to my friends.

Also, who's Jake?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Auirex
Admin
Admin
Auirex

Posts : 643
Join date : 2015-02-26
Age : 21
Location : Kansas

Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition?   Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition? EmptyWed Jan 06, 2016 2:58 am

@Zkillerthriller wrote:
Isn't that what math does? "David has 6 candies, his brother Jake eats 3 of them. How many candies does David have left?" That would be "6-3=?" in mathematical language.

The real question is how much Jake's ass ongoing to hurt when he takes that shit m8

_________________
Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition? Siggy11
It's ya boi uuuuuuuuh skinny penis.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zkillerthriller
Member
Member
Zkillerthriller

Posts : 269
Join date : 2015-02-20

Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition?   Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition? EmptyWed Jan 06, 2016 4:41 am

I just David and Jake as example names. Could we drop that now and focus on the initial topic, please? xD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheDruelingMonkeY
Member
Member
TheDruelingMonkeY

Posts : 164
Join date : 2015-04-17
Age : 16
Location : Sweden

Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition?   Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition? EmptyWed Jan 06, 2016 9:11 am

Idk i was just trying to be funny didn't work ;w;
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Adele's Flip-Phone.
Member
Member
Adele's Flip-Phone.

Posts : 139
Join date : 2015-04-11
Age : 22
Location : Adele's pocket

Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition?   Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition? EmptyWed Jan 06, 2016 4:42 pm

Your topic sucks. Just saying. I want to see an actual example of how this can be applied.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zkillerthriller
Member
Member
Zkillerthriller

Posts : 269
Join date : 2015-02-20

Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition?   Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition? EmptyWed Jan 06, 2016 4:54 pm

@Adele's Flip-Phone. wrote:
Your topic sucks. Just saying. I want to see an actual example of how this can be applied.

Any type of competition that isn't luck-based.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Adele's Flip-Phone.
Member
Member
Adele's Flip-Phone.

Posts : 139
Join date : 2015-04-11
Age : 22
Location : Adele's pocket

Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition?   Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition? EmptyWed Jan 06, 2016 4:57 pm

I'm talking about actual examples

With numbers

And actual theory behind it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zkillerthriller
Member
Member
Zkillerthriller

Posts : 269
Join date : 2015-02-20

Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition?   Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition? EmptyWed Jan 06, 2016 4:59 pm

@Adele's Flip-Phone. wrote:
I'm talking about actual examples

With numbers

And actual theory behind it.

Oh, like what?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Adele's Flip-Phone.
Member
Member
Adele's Flip-Phone.

Posts : 139
Join date : 2015-04-11
Age : 22
Location : Adele's pocket

Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition?   Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition? EmptyWed Jan 06, 2016 5:11 pm

That is, in fact, for you to come up with. I want to see how this theory can be applied in the practical. I want to see how you see your numbers to your advantage. I love statistics - yes - but I love numbers too. If this formula is about as flawed as I think it is - you should have flaws within your practical example.

Prove me wrong.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zkillerthriller
Member
Member
Zkillerthriller

Posts : 269
Join date : 2015-02-20

Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition?   Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition? EmptyWed Jan 06, 2016 5:13 pm

I don't even know if that's possible with numbers alone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Adele's Flip-Phone.
Member
Member
Adele's Flip-Phone.

Posts : 139
Join date : 2015-04-11
Age : 22
Location : Adele's pocket

Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition?   Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition? EmptyWed Jan 06, 2016 5:19 pm

Then how exactly is your formula really able to be applied to real life scenarios? Formulas are meant to be used in the practical, not just kept as prized trophies to show off now and again. If you cannot determine the end result (V) all of the time with actual maths, then your formulae is flawed. You must be able to have a certain logic to your formula, you can't just waltz in with a, 'Hey guys! Look at my snazzy formula! It doesn't work, but I think it says something about how to win in literally only vigorous sports like Hocky and Football! Forget chess, because screw chess!"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zkillerthriller
Member
Member
Zkillerthriller

Posts : 269
Join date : 2015-02-20

Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition?   Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition? EmptyWed Jan 06, 2016 5:21 pm

@Adele's Flip-Phone. wrote:
That is, in fact, for you to come up with. I want to see how this theory can be applied in the practical. I want to see how you see your numbers to your advantage. I love statistics - yes - but I love numbers too. If this formula is about as flawed as I think it is - you should have flaws within your practical example.

Prove me wrong.

Well, think about it: If every player on a team constantly do what favors themselves and their team the most, without comitting mistakes, how could they possible be beaten? Just requires logical thinking.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zkillerthriller
Member
Member
Zkillerthriller

Posts : 269
Join date : 2015-02-20

Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition?   Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition? EmptyWed Jan 06, 2016 5:24 pm

@Adele's Flip-Phone. wrote:
Then how exactly is your formula really able to be applied to real life scenarios? Formulas are meant to be used in the practical, not just kept as prized trophies to show off now and again. If you cannot determine the end result (V) all of the time with actual maths, then your formulae is flawed. You must be able to have a certain logic to your formula, you can't just waltz in with a, 'Hey guys! Look at my snazzy formula! It doesn't work, but I think it says something about how to win in literally only vigorous sports like Hocky and Football! Forget chess, because screw chess!"


Yeah, I know it's flawed, which is why I'm still working on it, and I even said so in the topic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zkillerthriller
Member
Member
Zkillerthriller

Posts : 269
Join date : 2015-02-20

Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition?   Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition? EmptyWed Jan 06, 2016 5:25 pm

@Zkillerthriller wrote:
@Adele's Flip-Phone. wrote:
Then how exactly is your formula really able to be applied to real life scenarios? Formulas are meant to be used in the practical, not just kept as prized trophies to show off now and again. If you cannot determine the end result (V) all of the time with actual maths, then your formulae is flawed. You must be able to have a certain logic to your formula, you can't just waltz in with a, 'Hey guys! Look at my snazzy formula! It doesn't work, but I think it says something about how to win in literally only vigorous sports like Hocky and Football! Forget chess, because screw chess!"


Yeah, I know it's flawed, which is why I'm still working on it, and I even said so in the topic. Not to mention that team sports like Football and MOBA games etc. is the main reason I came up with it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Adele's Flip-Phone.
Member
Member
Adele's Flip-Phone.

Posts : 139
Join date : 2015-04-11
Age : 22
Location : Adele's pocket

Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition?   Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition? EmptyWed Jan 06, 2016 5:26 pm

No, no. A formula must be able to apply to real mathematical terms. Unless you can actually use your formulae in real life mathematical situations, it is flawed asf. For example:

Wd = F x D. That's a really easy formula. It can be applied to real scenarios, so it is proper formulae.

The colour of rainbows = my mother's current mood + sexual tension in the room * 10. Now, that can't be a real formula because some of the listings to make 'the colour of rainbows' can either not be calculated OR do not even use mathematical terms. It isn't a real formula as well due to the other fact that you cannot determine the colour of rainbows based on these factors. Your forumula resembles this formula. It's flawed because it can never be used in real life scenarios.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zkillerthriller
Member
Member
Zkillerthriller

Posts : 269
Join date : 2015-02-20

Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition?   Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition? EmptyWed Jan 06, 2016 5:30 pm

@Adele's Flip-Phone. wrote:
No, no. A formula must be able to apply to real mathematical terms. Unless you can actually use your formulae in real life mathematical situations, it is flawed asf. For example:

Wd = F x D. That's a really easy formula. It can be applied to real scenarios, so it is proper formulae.

The colour of rainbows = my mother's current mood + sexual tension in the room * 10. Now, that can't be a real formula because some of the listings to make 'the colour of rainbows' can either not be calculated OR do not even use mathematical terms. It isn't a real formula as well due to the other fact that you cannot determine the colour of rainbows based on these factors. Your forumula resembles this formula. It's flawed because it can never be used in real life scenarios.

What do you mean it can't? Of course it can be applied to real-life scenarios. Say you're a football team playing against another football team. If you follow the formula your team will get the best possible outcome of the match.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Necruta
Member
Member
Necruta

Posts : 264
Join date : 2015-05-27
Age : 24
Location : The Netherlands

Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition?   Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition? EmptyThu Jan 07, 2016 10:53 am

@Zkillerthriller wrote:
What do you mean it can't? Of course it can be applied to real-life scenarios. Say you're a football team playing against another football team. If you follow the formula your team will get the best possible outcome of the match.

It doesn't have to be. What if your opponent uses sub-optimal plays but those result in all your players getting injured which then leads to weaker best choices because those players are benched and benched players are most of the time if not all of the time not your best players causing your best choices to become less good than normal which can still lead to a loss to your team and not to victory.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Uguu
Member
Member
Uguu

Posts : 151
Join date : 2015-05-27

Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition?   Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition? EmptyThu Jan 07, 2016 3:03 pm

this is the single most retarded thing ive seen this entire year

only been a week but i digress

you seem like some 13 year old who just recently learned in pre-algebra that you can use letters in math

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Auirex
Admin
Admin
Auirex

Posts : 643
Join date : 2015-02-26
Age : 21
Location : Kansas

Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition?   Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition? EmptyFri Jan 08, 2016 3:38 am

@Adele's Flip-Phone. wrote:
No, no. A formula must be able to apply to real mathematical terms. Unless you can actually use your formulae in real life mathematical situations, it is flawed asf. For example:

Wd = F x D. That's a really easy formula. It can be applied to real scenarios, so it is proper formulae.

The colour of rainbows = my mother's current mood + sexual tension in the room * 10. Now, that can't be a real formula because some of the listings to make 'the colour of rainbows' can either not be calculated OR do not even use mathematical terms. It isn't a real formula as well due to the other fact that you cannot determine the colour of rainbows based on these factors. Your forumula resembles this formula. It's flawed because it can never be used in real life scenarios.
. So at least 9010 because the sexual tension in the room is over 9000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

_________________
Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition? Siggy11
It's ya boi uuuuuuuuh skinny penis.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition?   Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition? Empty

Back to top Go down
 
Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition?
Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
 Similar topics
-
» HMS Victory
» Hwa Fong 2011 (Taiwan National Bonsai Style Exhibition and Competition)
» My Drawing for the Halloween Contest
» PAPO Horses: One mould, two item no`s and three colours ;-)
» JAN/FEB FPOTM Competition...

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Misc. :: Off Topic-
Jump to: