Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Working on reviving this place as of 5/13/19

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this week
No user
Latest topics
» Academy ships
Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition? - Page 2 Emptyby Ticci Nub Kitty Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:06 pm

» Nub of the decade
Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition? - Page 2 Emptyby Oshu Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:42 am

» This place man...
Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition? - Page 2 Emptyby Nublyfe Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:21 am

» the post game
Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition? - Page 2 Emptyby Nublyfe Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:46 am

» Nub Pic up lines
Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition? - Page 2 Emptyby Nublyfe Fri May 17, 2019 4:38 pm

» Bruh I love my life. This is my Journal
Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition? - Page 2 Emptyby Nublyfe Fri May 17, 2019 4:38 pm

» These are MTG decks if you say they're yugioh decks i'll LICK YOU
Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition? - Page 2 Emptyby Auirex Thu May 16, 2019 2:21 pm

» Classic WoW Release date confirmed!
Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition? - Page 2 Emptyby Auirex Thu May 16, 2019 12:29 am

» A thread of quotes
Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition? - Page 2 Emptyby Auirex Thu May 16, 2019 12:27 am

» One of those tough decisionss you gotta make
Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition? - Page 2 Emptyby Auirex Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:19 am

» Reply to this thread to die instantly
Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition? - Page 2 Emptyby Auirex Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:16 am

Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition?

Go down 
+9
Nitroglycerin
Uguu
Adele's Flip-Phone.
TheDruelingMonkeY
Auirex
Myrtenaster
Nublyfe
Necruta
Valkoor
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Zkillerthriller
Zkillerthriller

Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition?   Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 08, 2016 5:16 am

Uguu wrote:
this is the single most retarded thing ive seen this entire year

only been a week but i digress

you seem like some 13 year old who just recently learned in pre-algebra that you can use letters in math

You gotta start somewhere. xD
And besides, I'm just trying to help.
Back to top Go down
Adele's Flip-Phone.
Adele's Flip-Phone.

PostSubject: Re: Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition?   Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 08, 2016 11:51 am

You could help by:
- Actually recruiting + testing for SDA
- Trying to act like you at least have a decent number of brain cells
- Or by feeding the poor, poor children in Africa.

You didn't have to post this.
Back to top Go down
Zkillerthriller
Zkillerthriller

PostSubject: Re: Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition?   Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 08, 2016 3:47 pm

Adele's Flip-Phone. wrote:
You could help by:

Of course, I didn't but I chose to. I don't know why you have to be such a dick about it. Insulting me etc. Just immature
Back to top Go down
Nitroglycerin
Nitroglycerin

PostSubject: Re: Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition?   Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 4:28 pm

I tried this formula in about 2 dozen duels, and let me tell you. It's amazing. It didn't always work, but that may have just been misplays on my part. on a whole however, it's incredibly insightful and has a lot of promise. Thank you for this~

Edit: This is even more amazing in League of Legends. Asked some of my friends to play ranked 5's with me using this formula. Haven't lost a single game yet! omfg.
Back to top Go down
Stairs.
Stairs.

PostSubject: Re: Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition?   Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 5:28 pm

Nitroglycerin wrote:
I tried this formula in about 2 dozen duels, and let me tell you. It's amazing. It didn't always work, but that may have just been misplays on my part. on a whole however, it's incredibly insightful and has a lot of promise. Thank you for this~

Edit: This is even more amazing in League of Legends. Asked some of my friends to play ranked 5's with me using this formula. Haven't lost a single game yet! omfg.
you really needed someone to say this in order for it to have an effect on you?
"wow this guy said to be good i have to be good, now I finally feel good"
Back to top Go down
Zkillerthriller
Zkillerthriller

PostSubject: Re: Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition?   Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 10:04 am

Nitroglycerin wrote:

Glad to hear atleast you appreciated it! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Zkillerthriller
Zkillerthriller

PostSubject: Re: Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition?   Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 10:08 am

Uguu wrote:
this is the single most retarded thing ive seen this entire year

only been a week but i digress

you seem like some 13 year old who just recently learned in pre-algebra that you can use letters in math

If you could tell me why you think it's retarded that'd be of great help.
Back to top Go down
ab9999
ab9999

PostSubject: Re: Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition?   Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 13, 2016 10:42 pm

Zkillerthriller wrote:
You could help by:

Of course, I didn't but I chose to. I don't know why you have to be such a dick about it. Insulting me etc. Just immature

Well, I just read this whole thing in one go and Flip-Phone said nothing offensive whatsoever across the entirety of this topic, unless you find ill intent towards your oh-so-awesome formula insulting. He/She just argued against your formula in a series of logical statements e.e So by reacting like this, you have shown to everyone a maturity level in which can take pride in! Smile Though good luck for the next time you try? And yes, I too take pride in my mental maturity cuz im one of da Cat Overlords. Remember, we are always watching... o-o
Back to top Go down
Zkillerthriller
Zkillerthriller

PostSubject: Re: Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition?   Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 14, 2016 1:52 am

ab9999 wrote:
Zkillerthriller wrote:
You could help by:

Well, I just read this whole thing in one go and Flip-Phone said nothing offensive whatsoever across the entirety of this topic, unless you find ill intent towards your oh-so-awesome formula insulting. He/She just argued against your formula in a series of logical statements e.e So by reacting like this, you have shown to everyone a maturity level in which can take pride in! Smile Though good luck for the next time you try? And yes, I too take pride in my mental maturity cuz im one of da Cat Overlords. Remember, we are always watching... o-o

"Try to act like you have a decent number of braincells". That's obviously just an instult, not an argument. And my "oh-so-awesome" formula. I never said it was awesome. Try to read it again.
Back to top Go down
ab9999
ab9999

PostSubject: Re: Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition?   Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 14, 2016 6:52 pm

Damn it ur supposed to respond without looking through older post! D: Well whatever u got meh
Back to top Go down
Auirex
Admin
Admin
Auirex

PostSubject: Re: Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition?   Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition? - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 17, 2016 12:20 pm

There is a way to use math. If X=0 you win. X=opponent life points
Back to top Go down
Stairs.
Stairs.

PostSubject: Re: Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition?   Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition? - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 17, 2016 12:39 pm

Wow! Thank you, Buffalo Chicken!!!!
Ever since you told me about this formula my win rate in yugioh has been 100% and I feel like my game sense is unstoppable and I will never be able to lose again! I will defiantly tell my friends about this formula and we may even use it in ranked 5's on league Smile
Back to top Go down
Adele's Flip-Phone.
Adele's Flip-Phone.

PostSubject: Re: Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition?   Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition? - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 17, 2016 2:41 pm

Buffalo Chicken wrote:

Can I lick hot chocolate off you b/c of that comment.

Please.
Back to top Go down
Zkillerthriller
Zkillerthriller

PostSubject: Re: Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition?   Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 1:58 am

Buffalo Chicken wrote:

Except I specifically stated this wasn't made to be used for Yugioh. Not all types of competitions have life points.
Back to top Go down
Adele's Flip-Phone.
Adele's Flip-Phone.

PostSubject: Re: Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition?   Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 8:25 am

Zkillerthriller wrote:
Buffalo Chicken wrote:

Except I specifically stated this wasn't made to be used for Yugioh. Not all types of competitions have life points.

You should really specify all sports it can be used for and all sports it cannot be used for, otherwise you are being really unprepared. If someone decides to ask you, "can you give me all the sports that this 'formula' can be applied to?" and you decide to reply with, "stuff like football.", the person you were talking to would most likely throw themselves off a bridge due to the stupid and child-like response you just gave.
Back to top Go down
Zkillerthriller
Zkillerthriller

PostSubject: Re: Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition?   Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 10:54 am

Zkillerthriller wrote:
Buffalo Chicken wrote:

You should really specify all sports it can be used for and all sports it cannot be used for, otherwise you are being really unprepared. If someone decides to ask you, "can you give me all the sports that this 'formula' can be applied to?" and you decide to reply with, "stuff like football.", the person you were talking to would most likely throw themselves off a bridge due to the stupid and child-like response you just gave.

I did. All team sports. I assume people have brains enough to figure out what a team sport is.
Back to top Go down
Adele's Flip-Phone.
Adele's Flip-Phone.

PostSubject: Re: Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition?   Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 12:13 pm

Oh god. V is going to have a lot of fun determining itself then - considering there are hundreds of sports out there. Assuming that each sport has its own different style + way, then you would need to work out each independent value for each independent team sport. Have fun with that - especially since you the 'best choice' part of the formula (which really should be either Bc or B, b/c BC means B*C) doesn't really have any way for numerical values to be entered - due to the way it is worded.

Tl;Dr - your formula is bad and you should feel bad about making it.
Back to top Go down
Zkillerthriller
Zkillerthriller

PostSubject: Re: Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition?   Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 1:23 pm

Oh god. V is going to have a lot of fun determining itself then - considering there are hundreds of sports out there. Assuming that each sport has its own different style + way, then you would need to work out each independent value for each independent team sport. Have fun with that - especially since you the 'best choice' part of the formula (which really should be either Bc or B, b/c BC means B*C) doesn't really have any way for numerical values to be entered - due to the way it is worded.

Tl;Dr - your formula is bad and you should feel bad about making it.  

Whether it's right or wrong, it's something. Not like I comitted a crime. I don't feel bad about making it.
Back to top Go down
Adele's Flip-Phone.
Adele's Flip-Phone.

PostSubject: Re: Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition?   Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 2:13 pm

Whether it is right or wrong plays a big part on how you should feel about it being a failure.

The fact that you tried to be all smug and cocky by using phrases like, "bet you didn't understand that" (which, might I add, is a stupid thing to say. You are aiming this post at teenagers, not 3 year olds. Of course we are going to understand it. It's like understanding that apples can be both green and red. It's not that hard to wrap your head around), a phrase like this tells the reader that you actually have looked through the formulae and tried it out with no complications. If you want to sound cocky - at least do it correctly.

While I'm at it - do you know what maths actually is? Because it involves working with numbers and solving problems that have numbers within them. your 'Bc' category cannot be solved as it does not have the ability to have numbers within it. It shows me that this formulae was dead-end failure from day 1. You tried to create a formula that has the potential to include sentences within it. If you do that - that's bad. Whether it is right or wrong is actually a big factor in a post. If you are posting about BS, then your post will get negative reviews simply because you are spreading false information. Post something correct and then maybe you might be able to get somewhere in life.

Back to top Go down
Zkillerthriller
Zkillerthriller

PostSubject: Re: Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition?   Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 3:40 pm

Whether it is right or wrong plays a big part on how you should feel about it being a failure.

The fact that you tried to be all smug and cocky by using phrases like, "bet you didn't understand that" (which, might I add, is a stupid thing to say. You are aiming this post at teenagers, not 3 year olds. Of course we are going to understand it. It's like understanding that apples can be both green and red. It's not that hard to wrap your head around), a phrase like this tells the reader that you actually have looked through the formulae and tried it out with no complications. If you want to sound cocky - at least do it correctly.

While I'm at it - do you know what maths actually is? Because it involves working with numbers and solving problems that have numbers within them. your 'Bc' category cannot be solved as it does not have the ability to have numbers within it. It shows me that this formulae was dead-end failure from day 1. You tried to create a formula that has the potential to include sentences within it. If you do that - that's bad. Whether it is right or wrong is actually a big factor in a post. If you are posting about BS, then your post will get negative reviews simply because you are spreading false information. Post something correct and then maybe you might be able to get somewhere in life.

Acting smug by saying "bet you didn't understand all that"? I said that in a humble way implying "Hey guys, I have this idea, but it might be retarded so don't feel bad if you don't understand it".
I don't wanna sound cocky.
Also, of course I know if whether it's right or wrong is a big factor in a post, but that doesn't mean I should feel bad about making it just because it happened to be wrong. I mean, I never published this as information. I literally said it was just a theory. I don't see how me publishing a theory you noticed flaws in implies I haven't gone anywhere in life. My grades are good, I have great friends, a great family and I excercise. Call it bragging, but you're the one who mixed my fucking life into this for some reason.
Back to top Go down
Adele's Flip-Phone.
Adele's Flip-Phone.

PostSubject: Re: Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition?   Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 3:49 pm

You may not want to sound cocky, but you dun diddly did it anyways.

You should also feel bad. You literally just brought shame to the maths community.

I also didn't imply you didn't go anywhere in life. You are just using that to brag about yourself. I have this great place called Narcissists Anonymous if you want to take part in the 12 point programme over there. Remember - step one is admitting what you are.
Back to top Go down
Zkillerthriller
Zkillerthriller

PostSubject: Re: Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition?   Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 3:58 pm

You may not want to sound cocky, but you dun diddly did it anyways.

You should also feel bad. You literally just brought shame to the maths community.

I also didn't imply you didn't go anywhere in life. You are just using that to brag about yourself. I have this great place called Narcissists Anonymous if you want to take part in the 12 point programme over  there. Remember - step one is admitting what you are.

"Post something correct and then maybe you might be able to get somewhere in life."
That implies you think I haven't gone anywhere in life, and as for you thinking I sounded cocky, that's purely your opinion. And I brought shame to the "math community"? You do realise most brilliant ideas were laughed at at first? I'm not saying my idea is good, you're probably right about its' flaws. But you saying it "brings shame to the math community" is just so retarded. This is a Yugioh forum.
Back to top Go down
Adele's Flip-Phone.
Adele's Flip-Phone.

PostSubject: Re: Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition?   Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 4:08 pm

The most ridiculous ideas at least had some sense at first. This formula isn't just ridiculous, but it makes no sense mathematically and it just generally is a waste of time to look at it. Yes, some ridiculous ideas have been put through (Like woman's rights) however if all ridiculous theories had of been put through, you would currently have an item known as a smellaphone in your living room. Yes. It works just as it sounds.
Back to top Go down
Zkillerthriller
Zkillerthriller

PostSubject: Re: Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition?   Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 4:16 pm

The most ridiculous ideas at least had some sense at first. This formula isn't just ridiculous, but it makes no sense mathematically and it just generally is a waste of time to look at it. Yes, some ridiculous ideas have been put through (Like woman's rights) however if all ridiculous theories had of been put through, you would currently have an item known as a smellaphone in your living room. Yes. It works just as it sounds.

Can you read? I admitted you're probably right about it.
Back to top Go down
Oshu
Mod
Mod
Oshu

Character sheet
Name: Kino Nagai
Health:
Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue1000/1000Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition? - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (1000/1000)
Mana:
Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition? - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition?   Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 4:35 pm

GIRLS GIRLS your both pretty XD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition?   Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Using Math to Guarantee Victory in Competition?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next