Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Working on reviving this place as of 5/13/19

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this week
No user
Latest topics
» Academy ships
My favorite Skyrim Mods Emptyby Ticci Nub Kitty Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:06 pm

» Nub of the decade
My favorite Skyrim Mods Emptyby Oshu Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:42 am

» This place man...
My favorite Skyrim Mods Emptyby Nublyfe Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:21 am

» the post game
My favorite Skyrim Mods Emptyby Nublyfe Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:46 am

» Nub Pic up lines
My favorite Skyrim Mods Emptyby Nublyfe Fri May 17, 2019 4:38 pm

» Bruh I love my life. This is my Journal
My favorite Skyrim Mods Emptyby Nublyfe Fri May 17, 2019 4:38 pm

» These are MTG decks if you say they're yugioh decks i'll LICK YOU
My favorite Skyrim Mods Emptyby Auirex Thu May 16, 2019 2:21 pm

» Classic WoW Release date confirmed!
My favorite Skyrim Mods Emptyby Auirex Thu May 16, 2019 12:29 am

» A thread of quotes
My favorite Skyrim Mods Emptyby Auirex Thu May 16, 2019 12:27 am

» One of those tough decisionss you gotta make
My favorite Skyrim Mods Emptyby Auirex Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:19 am

» Reply to this thread to die instantly
My favorite Skyrim Mods Emptyby Auirex Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:16 am

My favorite Skyrim Mods

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
The cutest grill
Admin
Admin
The cutest grill

Character sheet
Name:
Health:
My favorite Skyrim Mods Left_bar_bleue0/0My favorite Skyrim Mods Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Mana:
My favorite Skyrim Mods Left_bar_bleue0/0My favorite Skyrim Mods Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

My favorite Skyrim Mods Empty
PostSubject: My favorite Skyrim Mods   My favorite Skyrim Mods EmptyMon Apr 27, 2015 10:27 pm

Here's some of my favorite Skyrim mods, that I love and can't simply play without.

First, before I begin, these mods are ESSENTIAL for just about anything. A lot of mods use them, so if you're going to start modding your game, you will need these.

1st) You're going to need the Unofficial Skyrim patch collection, this set of mods make bug fixes in the original version of the game. There's several different patches but the mod author has them on his profile
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/19/?

2nd) You're going to need to get Skyrim Script Extender, this mod does nothing on its own, however it does allow mod authors to create more mods that hook directly into the game engine, thus allowing the creation of amazing mods. There's a LOT of mods that require you to have this so it's recommended that you install it.

If you need help installing it, there's several tutorial videos on youtube, Gopher has a great tutorial as well.

http://skse.silverlock.org/

Now, lets move on to the mods!

First, lets start with graphic mods. These improve the look of your game.

Lets start with one of my favorite ENB's, I should mention that ENB's can have massive hits on your game's performance, so it's NOT recommended to use these if you have a weak PC.

Probably a really good ENB I've been using, is Pyurh cinematic ENB. It makes the atmosphere of the game look more grim and dark.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/63003/?

Next, another graphics mod, is Pure Waters. This mod completely replaces all water textures, making them look more natural and much better than the vanilla game. This mod is DESIGNED for performance, so you shouldn't have any troubles using this.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/1111/?

And last for Graphic Mods, is Skyrim HD 2k textures. As the name suggests, it replaces the low resolution textures in Skyrim with new high definition ones.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/607/?

~Overhaul Mods~

First off, is Skyre. This completely overhauls Skyrim. It revamps the Perk Trees, revamps character races, revamps enemy A.I, and completely makes Skyrim a much more challenging game. Be warned, using this, you will die.. A LOT.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/9286/?

Now, we have Deadly Dragons. Yup, this makes dragons... extremely deadly...... it adds brand new dragons, changes dragons combat behavior, even adds brand new abilities to the dragons...

In vanilla game, I was disappointed with the dragons. They seemed rather weak, I use to have more trouble with say, Bandit Chiefs than the "bringers of the end times" AKA the dragons.

This mod changes that. This makes dragons a TRULY devistating enemy to fight, especially if you're using Skyre.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/3829/?

Better Vampires, completely overhauls vampire abilities and powers. Vampire hunters will come and stalk you, you have new powers as a vampire, you must feed and stalk your prey, to become more powerful... oh and the sun now can kill you.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/9717/?

Moonlight tales.... because we can't have vampires without werewolves, right?

Yup. This now makes it so you can actually catch the werewolf disease when fighting werewolves in the wilds, so you don't need to be in the companions. It also unlocks Werebear content if you have the Dragonborn DLC installed, so you can also become a Werebear.

It also adds in forced werewolf changes and a lunar calender, so you WILL be forced to change into a werewolf on full moon nights, unless you don't have the disease of course.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/35470/?

Next on the list, is ASIS.

This does multiple things so I'll break it down.

1st) It tweaks enemy A.I and inventory spawns, so now your enemies can actually heal themselves and can use healing potions, likewise you'll find enemies spawning with healing potions in their inventory

2nd) It INCREASES your spawn rates. So now instead of walking into a bandit fort and only fighting 5 bandits... you might face 10, or 15 bandits....

If you're going to use this, prepare for a tough fight, especially with the next mod on this list.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/18436/?

Last but not least... we have Revenge Of The Enemies.

This completely revamps enemy A.I, (don't worry, it IS compatible with everything else I've listed so far)

It makes your enemies MUCH more smarter (and also gives them new abilities)

Enemies will now block and dodge more often, they'll use more power attacks against you, they'll even use their racial bonus's against you.

Vampires now can turn into a flock of bats, orcs will use their berserker abilities, and all that fun stuff.

This, combined with asis and skyre.. will make one tough experience.. playing on Adept with these mods, will be more difficult than LEGENDARY.

~General Gameplay mods~

1st, Frostfall. This adds a new camping system, allowing you to create campfires, pitch tents, etc.

However, it also adds a new hypothermia system. This makes Skyrim feel MUCH more alive, and yet MUCH more harsher. If you're not properly equipped, the environment will kill you. Swimming in frozen lakes, will kill you, getting trapped in a snowstorm, will kill you. No more running around on top of a frozen mountain in your underpants.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/11163/?

2nd) Realistic Needs and Diseases.

This makes Diseases much more dangerous, even possible to die from them. Also makes it so your character does need to eat, sleep and drink.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/26228/?

~Quest mods~

1st) OBVIOUSLY going to be Falsaar. This is a HUGE quest mod, it's about the size of a DLC. It's one of the best mods created by the modding community. It adds new lands and HOURS of things to do.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/37994/?

2nd) Wyrmstooth

Another amazing quest mod, was one of the most endorsed mods on the nexus until Falskaar was released. Adds new lands where you need to hunt down a dragon.
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/25704/?

Back to top Go down
Valkoor
Diamond
Diamond
Valkoor

Character sheet
Name: Echo Caecus
Health:
My favorite Skyrim Mods Left_bar_bleue100/100My favorite Skyrim Mods Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Mana:
My favorite Skyrim Mods Left_bar_bleue100/100My favorite Skyrim Mods Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

PostSubject: Re: My favorite Skyrim Mods   My favorite Skyrim Mods EmptyTue Apr 28, 2015 12:02 pm

I myself have played Skyrim, as well as every ES game other than ESI: Arena. So, in honor of past ES games (as well as my favorite ES game of all time), what's your opinion on Skywind? If you're unfamiliar, it's a mod (still in development, to my knowledge) that aims to recreate Morrowind with all the graphics and benefits of Skyrim.
Back to top Go down
The cutest grill
Admin
Admin
The cutest grill

Character sheet
Name:
Health:
Mana:

PostSubject: Re: My favorite Skyrim Mods   My favorite Skyrim Mods EmptyTue Apr 28, 2015 5:22 pm

Valkoor wrote:
I myself have played Skyrim, as well as every ES game other than ESI: Arena. So, in honor of past ES games (as well as my favorite ES game of all time), what's your opinion on Skywind? If you're unfamiliar, it's a mod (still in development, to my knowledge) that aims to recreate Morrowind with all the graphics and benefits of Skyrim.

honestly, I don't think it will ever be released. Morrowind was a huge game not to mention that mod has been in development well over a year now so yeh I don't think it will actually be finished and released. Maybe the developers took on a bit more than they could chew e.e
Back to top Go down
Valkoor
Diamond
Diamond
Valkoor

Character sheet
Health:
Mana:

PostSubject: Re: My favorite Skyrim Mods   My favorite Skyrim Mods EmptyTue Apr 28, 2015 5:35 pm

Moka wrote:
honestly, I don't think it will ever be released. Morrowind was a huge game not to mention that mod has been in development well over a year now so yeh I don't think it will actually be finished and released. Maybe the developers took on a bit more than they could chew e.e

As saddening as this is... I sort of agree. It's been ages, and there hasn't been enough progress. Although, just out of more curiosity, what is your opinion of Morrowind itself? As I said, it's my favorite ES game.
Back to top Go down
The cutest grill
Admin
Admin
The cutest grill

Character sheet
Name:
Health:
Mana:

PostSubject: Re: My favorite Skyrim Mods   My favorite Skyrim Mods EmptyTue Apr 28, 2015 6:25 pm

Valkoor wrote:
Moka wrote:

As saddening as this is... I sort of agree. It's been ages, and there hasn't been enough progress. Although, just out of more curiosity, what is your opinion of Morrowind itself? As I said, it's my favorite ES game.

Well to be honest, I couldn't really get into Morrowind. The first TES game I played was Oblivion and I found it really difficult to get into Morrowind do to how outdated it was.

I mean don't get me wrong, I'm sure it's an amazing game and was an amazing game when it was released but the radiant A.I in Oblivion was just mind blowing to me... not to mention that Morrowind's combat system was.... terribly flawed.

I just really couldn't get into it...
Back to top Go down
ab9999
ab9999

PostSubject: Re: My favorite Skyrim Mods   My favorite Skyrim Mods EmptyTue Apr 28, 2015 6:45 pm

Thanks for the links ;-; now maybe ill get back into skyrim Very Happy Should be interesting playing through dlcs again with this stuff
Back to top Go down
Valkoor
Diamond
Diamond
Valkoor

Character sheet
Health:
Mana:

PostSubject: Re: My favorite Skyrim Mods   My favorite Skyrim Mods EmptyTue Apr 28, 2015 6:51 pm

Moka wrote:
Well to be honest, I couldn't really get into Morrowind. The first TES game I played was Oblivion and I found it really difficult to get into Morrowind do to how outdated it was.

I mean don't get me wrong, I'm sure it's an amazing game and was an amazing game when it was released but the radiant A.I in Oblivion was just mind blowing to me... not to mention that Morrowind's combat system was.... terribly flawed.

I just really couldn't get into it...

To be fair, the AI in all of the games was terribad without mods. Also, I fail to see how Morrowind's combat system was any more flawed than any of the other games. The combat and stealth systems were very similar, and the magic system was only so much more complicated and weakened due to the presence of Spell Creations, the removal of which gave way to a simplified and potentially buffed (although less diverse) magic system. In addition, all the games realistically had flaws; Morrowind's coding, Oblivion's leveling and monster system, and Skyrim's abysmal story and diversity of game play.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My favorite Skyrim Mods   My favorite Skyrim Mods Empty

Back to top Go down

My favorite Skyrim Mods
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Misc. :: Off Topic-
Jump to: