Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Working on reviving this place as of 5/13/19

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this week
No user
Latest topics
» Academy ships
These are MTG decks if you say they're yugioh decks i'll LICK YOU Emptyby Ticci Nub Kitty Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:06 pm

» Nub of the decade
These are MTG decks if you say they're yugioh decks i'll LICK YOU Emptyby Oshu Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:42 am

» This place man...
These are MTG decks if you say they're yugioh decks i'll LICK YOU Emptyby Nublyfe Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:21 am

» the post game
These are MTG decks if you say they're yugioh decks i'll LICK YOU Emptyby Nublyfe Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:46 am

» Nub Pic up lines
These are MTG decks if you say they're yugioh decks i'll LICK YOU Emptyby Nublyfe Fri May 17, 2019 4:38 pm

» Bruh I love my life. This is my Journal
These are MTG decks if you say they're yugioh decks i'll LICK YOU Emptyby Nublyfe Fri May 17, 2019 4:38 pm

» These are MTG decks if you say they're yugioh decks i'll LICK YOU
These are MTG decks if you say they're yugioh decks i'll LICK YOU Emptyby Auirex Thu May 16, 2019 2:21 pm

» Classic WoW Release date confirmed!
These are MTG decks if you say they're yugioh decks i'll LICK YOU Emptyby Auirex Thu May 16, 2019 12:29 am

» A thread of quotes
These are MTG decks if you say they're yugioh decks i'll LICK YOU Emptyby Auirex Thu May 16, 2019 12:27 am

» One of those tough decisionss you gotta make
These are MTG decks if you say they're yugioh decks i'll LICK YOU Emptyby Auirex Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:19 am

» Reply to this thread to die instantly
These are MTG decks if you say they're yugioh decks i'll LICK YOU Emptyby Auirex Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:16 am

These are MTG decks if you say they're yugioh decks i'll LICK YOU

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Auirex
Admin
Admin
Auirex

These are MTG decks if you say they're yugioh decks i'll LICK YOU Empty
PostSubject: These are MTG decks if you say they're yugioh decks i'll LICK YOU   These are MTG decks if you say they're yugioh decks i'll LICK YOU EmptyFri Aug 24, 2018 4:32 am

Selama ashal'anore my SDA (satellar dead academy) friends! Since Yu-Gi-Oh is a d e a d  g a m e  as far as online sites are concerned I decided to use this to help y'all with a fresh new game known as Magic: The Gathering.
Put on your sweaty nerd shirts that you haven't washed since you last took a shower over 2 years ago and let's get into it.

LONG AWAITED EDIT/ACTUALLY MAKING THE DECKLISTS.

We're going to dive into two decks that are common in today's Standard metagame. Standard is an MTG format that only uses the most recent sets. Sets that are too old 'rotate out' and go join the 'modern' format.

The first standard deck to be discussed is Mono-Red Aggro the deck comes in exclusively red which makes it very easy for new players to pick up as the mana base is cheap and the strategy is simple that's where the 'aggro' part of mono red aggro comes in. This deck wants to deal as much damage as quickly as possible. The deck has some great tools to do that in the form of the 12 bolts that exist in the format. Bolts is a colloquial term for any red spell that deals three damage to a target. the 12 bolts add up for a total of 36 damage! That's killing someone almost twice over! Now, 12 bolts is great and all but sometimes you're going to need more than that. We have to keep those filthy lifelinking angels off the field after all because if your opponent gains 17 life it's gonna be a lot harder to win the game. so lets add some more cards to keep our opponents cards off the field! While our 12 bolts deal damage to any target we don't *necessarily* want to use them for creature removal duty because it takes away the amount of direct damage we can deal to our opponent. so what do we do about our opponents creatures? Well, we deal damage to them of course! The premier removal in mono red is a card called Lava Coil. Lava Coil is a 2 mana card that deals 4 damage to target creature, if that creature dies this turn it is exiled instead of going to the graveyard. This notably gets over several cards that are problematic for the deck, Shalai, voice of plenty a 3/4 angel that prevents us from targeting our opponent with ANY spells. Shalai also grants this protection to her allies on the board so SHE. MUST. DIE. AS. SOON. AS. POSSIBLE. however, in a B03 format lava coil goes in the sideboard as some decks like esper control literally play no creatures at all thus making the card worthless in some situations. Also, if we do have to use our burn spells to kill enemy creatures we have to have a more consistent damage base in the deck. that's where our creature base comes in. Ghitu Lavarunner and Viashino Pyromancer do a good job at being cheap creatures that either can attack the turn they hit the board or deal direct damage to our opponent equal to their base attack. however these creatures aren't amazing in combat due to their low toughness and we use them for their sheer numbers because of their low mana costs. Our star creatures are in the form of Runaway Steamkin and Goblin Chainwhirler. Runaway Steamkin is a creature that gets a counter every time you cast a red spell. Creatures also count as spells so it gets an additional power and toughness for each of those too. There's a limit of 3 counters HOWEVER you can remove those counters to add 3 red mana to your mana pool which allows you to cast more spells and gain more counters and cast more spells and gain more counters and on and on. Steamkin creates some absolutely E X P L O S I V E turns where you stack all your counters and remove them to cast some larger spells that get you over the hump. Goblin Chainwhirler is a 3 mana card that deals 1 damage to all opponents creatures, planeswalkers, and 1 damage to the opponent themselves. This helps your smaller creatures trade with larger ones more effectively. It's also the largest creature in the main deck having 3/3 and first strike. The card is amazing if you drop it on turn three and most opponents just cry. also, having first strike allows you to use a burn spell on a creature before damage is calculated and your chainwhirler can finish the job without a scratch. One of Reds biggests weaknesses as a color is a lack of draw spells and to counter this we run the cards Risk Factor and Light up the Stage. Risk factor forces opponents to choose between taking 4 damage or allowing you to draw three cards and can even be cast from the graveyard for paying the mana cost and discarding a card from your hand. Risk factor is exiled if it is cast that way but it effectively gives you an extra 4 copies of the card. Light up the Stage exiles the top 2 cards of your library and you can cast them until the end of your next turn. It also has the Spectacle mechanic to reduce the mana cost of the card if an enemy has lost life that turn. Notablly this card is reduced to a single red mana to get 2 cards. This is the other card that allows you to blow up on opponents as you can use mana produced from runaway steamkin to cast Light up the Stage and the 2 cards it gives you! mono red is weak to lifegain and to counter this we run 2 Tibalt, Rakish Instigator in the sideboard. Tibalt prevents our opponents from gaining life and can create 1/1 demons that deal a damage to any target when they die. Overall, not a bad card to prevent opponents from getting out of range. In a creature heavy matchup that lacks removal we sideboard 2 rekindling phoenixs these 4/3 flyers can come back from the dead if their associated egg token remains on the battlefield until your next upkeep so opponents killing the birbs on their turn and not the eggs is totally irrelevant, HOWEVER you do not get the token if the birb is exiled so be wary.

the second deck is Esper Control. Esper is a 3 color combination of White Black and Blue. This deck has plenty of counterspells and kill spells to prevent threats from reaching the board or removing them immediately. Spells like Absorb and Vraska's contempt are powerful and deal with threats effectively. Cards like Cry of the Carnarium deal with large groups of small creatures and remove them from the game. However we have to win the game somehow and that's where Teferi, Hero of Dominaria and Warrant//Warden come in. Teferi has the powerful uptick ability to draw us a card and untap two lands at our endstep allowing us to draw answers to threats and have the mana to cast them. this means the control deck rarely goes 'shields down' and can protect teferi until he's ready to unleash his powerful ultimate. Teferi creates an emblem that reads "Whenever you draw a card exile target permanent an opponent controls" This procs on every card drawn for example if i draw two cards from Divination (don't actually run Divnination) I can exile two opponents permanents INCLUDING THEIR LANDS! Most opponents will jsut scoop to thta but stubborn players that must be killed can be dealt with by using the Warden side of Warrant//Warden. Warrant is a powerful defensive tool shuffling an attacking or blocking creature into its owners library and Warden creates a 4/4 sphinx token with flying and Vigilance that can finish our opponent in around 4 turns. This deck is much more complicated and the lines of play revolve around drawing cards with Chemisters Insight or searching for them with Search for Azcanta and its flipped verison Azcanta sunken ruin. Thought erasure can get rid of a key card from an opponents hand and lets us look at the top card of our library and either put it in the graveyard or back on top which let's us filter very well. Point of this deck is protect your life total and your teferi and allow teferi to win the game all by himself.

Last edited by Intorian on Tue May 14, 2019 5:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Oshu
Mod
Mod
Oshu

Character sheet
Name: Kino Nagai
Health:
These are MTG decks if you say they're yugioh decks i'll LICK YOU Left_bar_bleue1000/1000These are MTG decks if you say they're yugioh decks i'll LICK YOU Empty_bar_bleue  (1000/1000)
Mana:
These are MTG decks if you say they're yugioh decks i'll LICK YOU Left_bar_bleue0/0These are MTG decks if you say they're yugioh decks i'll LICK YOU Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: These are MTG decks if you say they're yugioh decks i'll LICK YOU   These are MTG decks if you say they're yugioh decks i'll LICK YOU EmptyMon Apr 22, 2019 9:44 pm

ha, nerd
Back to top Go down
Auirex
Admin
Admin
Auirex

PostSubject: Re: These are MTG decks if you say they're yugioh decks i'll LICK YOU   These are MTG decks if you say they're yugioh decks i'll LICK YOU EmptyTue May 14, 2019 5:09 pm

heccin big bump since decks are up now. Decklists in days to come.
Back to top Go down
Auirex
Admin
Admin
Auirex

PostSubject: Re: These are MTG decks if you say they're yugioh decks i'll LICK YOU   These are MTG decks if you say they're yugioh decks i'll LICK YOU EmptyThu May 16, 2019 2:21 pm

Also Banefire is an excellent sideboard to finish off those control fuckers because if you cast it for 5 damage or more it can't be countered!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: These are MTG decks if you say they're yugioh decks i'll LICK YOU   These are MTG decks if you say they're yugioh decks i'll LICK YOU Empty

Back to top Go down

These are MTG decks if you say they're yugioh decks i'll LICK YOU
Page 1 of 1