Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Working on reviving this place as of 5/13/19

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this week
No user
Latest topics
» Academy ships
Top 10 limited cards that I want to be banned Emptyby Ticci Nub Kitty Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:06 pm

» Nub of the decade
Top 10 limited cards that I want to be banned Emptyby Oshu Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:42 am

» This place man...
Top 10 limited cards that I want to be banned Emptyby Nublyfe Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:21 am

» the post game
Top 10 limited cards that I want to be banned Emptyby Nublyfe Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:46 am

» Nub Pic up lines
Top 10 limited cards that I want to be banned Emptyby Nublyfe Fri May 17, 2019 4:38 pm

» Bruh I love my life. This is my Journal
Top 10 limited cards that I want to be banned Emptyby Nublyfe Fri May 17, 2019 4:38 pm

» These are MTG decks if you say they're yugioh decks i'll LICK YOU
Top 10 limited cards that I want to be banned Emptyby Auirex Thu May 16, 2019 2:21 pm

» Classic WoW Release date confirmed!
Top 10 limited cards that I want to be banned Emptyby Auirex Thu May 16, 2019 12:29 am

» A thread of quotes
Top 10 limited cards that I want to be banned Emptyby Auirex Thu May 16, 2019 12:27 am

» One of those tough decisionss you gotta make
Top 10 limited cards that I want to be banned Emptyby Auirex Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:19 am

» Reply to this thread to die instantly
Top 10 limited cards that I want to be banned Emptyby Auirex Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:16 am

Top 10 limited cards that I want to be banned

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
lever10
lever10

Top 10 limited cards that I want to be banned Empty
PostSubject: Top 10 limited cards that I want to be banned   Top 10 limited cards that I want to be banned EmptyFri Jun 05, 2015 11:52 am

Whether they are extremely broken but too iconic to ban, or they are too inconsistent to merit getting a ban despite being an auto win, There is a lot of cards that are limited that make me question what the hell Konami is doing since they are not only legal, but they give auto win conditions to the guy who was simply lucky enough to draw them. On top of that, they are at one, so most it is very questionable on whether or not you should make an awkward play just to play around them.

10: Final Countdown

The final countdown deck is one of the most degenerate and annoying decks to be paired up against, and limitting this killed it off for the most part, but honestly Konami, what is the point of keeping this at 1? There are still people that will try to make this work with gold sarcophagus just to get a sick satisfaction by trolling their opponents so hard with a deck full of nopes.

9: Mind Control

Moving onto the more meta cards that steal games, mind control is so powerful because you can do whatever you want with the monster. The effect is still live and it is still a body to use as xyz or synchro material. This card as seen play in so many formats, and was so powerful that it was not uncommon for people to agree to side it out during shaddoll mirrors simply because it was an auto win.

8: Thunder King Rai-Oh

At first I was puzzled when I saw the ban list that limited this card. I was rather new at the time and didn't see much a problem with an anti meta card. This monster is not only a floodgate, but it is a walking floodgate with an added bonus as being a walking black horn of heaven. This card is so ridiculously powerful that countless games are won simply by dropping this turn one.

7: Preparation of Rites

I am sure most of you know how good preparation of rights is in Nekroz. You can have a board, have no board, have no rituals in the deck, etc. and still be able to do a very strong play with this card. The main reason it is ranked so highly is because it is a new addition to the banlist.

6: Raigeki

Honestly I want to meet the person who came up with the idea of bringing raigeki off the ban list and congratulate them for bringing it back at such a good time, only to ask them to point me to the guy who decided to keep it on the banlist when the meta shifted to shaddolls and BA being basically dead so I can slap them silly and sit them down for two hours as I scold them for how stupid it is to keep this card in the game. With qliphorts they can keep their tribute summoned 2800 beaters out, drop this, then special summon a bunch of cards from the extra deck fro game. With shaddolls they can use shaddoll fusion and raigeki after that fusion happened, as if they didn't get enough advantage for fusion summoning from the deck. The only good thing that comes out of this card is its an out to Rai-oh and Djinn lock, but lets be real here, book of moon to two is so much more reasonable than this card staying in thegame.

5: Solemn Warning

Did you want me to explain why this is on the list? It completely stops your opponent's plays. It often nets you a plus 1, and it can also leave your opponent in a very awkward position that either makes them go minus or allows you to run over their other monsters freely.

4: Vanity's Emptiness

If you told me half a year ago that I would eventually find emptiness to be more annoying than solemn warning, I would have thought you had no idea what you were talking about. Vanity has always been decently good in random decks, such as hunders. It also had the spotlight in some formats like dragon ruler, but now it is extremely better than it was before because now almost all of what people summon are noninherit, giving vanity's emptiness a chance to lock people down and plus at the same time.

3: Dark Armed Dragon

This is one of the several cards that caused an emergency banlist which hit this card, allure of darkness, I believe destiny hero - malicious, etc. Not only did it cause an emergency banlist, but this is still a staple in dark decks simply because you can go +3 almost instantly and still have a 2800 beater on board. Win rate is much much higher when this card is played do.

2: Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the beginning

This card can get you over just about any monster your opponent has and it is incredibly easy to summon. My main beef regarding this card is that you can simply win the game just by top decking this card when no other card will do it because it will instantly give you the board and the card advantage you need to get yourself back in the game, or the blow-out you need to assert your dominance over your opponent.

Honorable mention: Royal Tribute

This one has a lot of bias because there is one guy at my locals that loves GKs to death and will play them until the end of his life. He managed to open this card plus necrovalley at least once every match at locals for five straight weeks. Needless to say he either won the match or went into game 3 in the majority of cases. This card nets the GK player so much ridiculous advantage since they see their opponent's hand, obliterate it, and stop their opponent's hopes of getting those monsters back because necrovalley is out. This isn't exactly meta breaking right now, but it has been for many formats in the past and to this day causes salt to ooze out of many to this day.

1: Soul Charge

This thing is like a Kraken. It terrorized us all for formats until Konami got it to flee underneath the ocean. One of these days though the Kraken will awaken and soul charge will once again be one of the sackiest top decks ever in many meta decks. This is probably the single most broken card on this list, but with decks like Nekroz and qlis being popular this card doesn't see as much play as it deserves.

Last edited by lever10 on Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:02 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
The cutest grill
Admin
Admin
The cutest grill

Character sheet
Name:
Health:
Top 10 limited cards that I want to be banned Left_bar_bleue0/0Top 10 limited cards that I want to be banned Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Mana:
Top 10 limited cards that I want to be banned Left_bar_bleue0/0Top 10 limited cards that I want to be banned Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 limited cards that I want to be banned   Top 10 limited cards that I want to be banned EmptyFri Jun 05, 2015 4:22 pm

raigeki is 2amazing2ban
Back to top Go down
Jif Cena
Jif Cena

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 limited cards that I want to be banned   Top 10 limited cards that I want to be banned EmptyFri Jun 05, 2015 5:04 pm

10) Most players today are Meta players and Chain burn apparently some people are too impatient to play Final countdown just to wait 20 turns to win.
9) you have a point here with the synchro and xyz play however no body usually use this on a daily basis. Something similar on what card isnt used on a daily basis. MST No one usually uses this Should MST Be banned?
8)Easy to get rid of. Also not a walking Black horn as Black horn is a speed 3 while Rai oh is speed 2
7)Easy to negate or stop. EX: Mistake.
6)Again easy to stop.
5)Completely stops? hmmm Nekroz players easy to get around it. One hell of a cost of 2k LP lost. and easy to stop such as wiretap. Even when negated You still have to pay cost.
4)Vanity's easy to get rid of with a simple dark hole, mind crush, mst/galaxy cyclone, shaddoll dragon, do i need to continue?
3)DAD? Who uses that anymore? I only saw it at least twice out of 100 players, easy to get rid off with a Bottomless trap hole or a solemn warning.
2)Meta players barely play this anymore. Bottomless trap hole, solemn warning, compuls easy to get around
And 1) Soul charge one hell of a thing to get monsters out on the field pay 1 k for each monster and can't conduct battle phase. Also If most of the monsters on the field was special summoned from Soul charge and have 1500 or more attack, Bottomless trap hole Or Torrential Tribute.
Sorry Lev but alot of things that you have mentioned on this post has alot of contradictions and why it is either perfect at one or why it doesn't have to be banned. I needed to get that off of my chest but however it is your opinion and if that is what you think fine by me however i think differently ._. again i apologize for making this rant and we dont have an argument over it thanks for understanding
Back to top Go down
Dragonecro0987
Diamond
Diamond
Dragonecro0987

Character sheet
Name:
Health:
Top 10 limited cards that I want to be banned Left_bar_bleue100/100Top 10 limited cards that I want to be banned Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Mana:
Top 10 limited cards that I want to be banned Left_bar_bleue100/100Top 10 limited cards that I want to be banned Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 limited cards that I want to be banned   Top 10 limited cards that I want to be banned EmptyFri Jun 05, 2015 6:36 pm

Ok I'm reading this post and thinking how much BS the list is and how much Butthurt you be showing me Lev.

Allow me to do this to your entire post:
Top 10 limited cards that I want to be banned 51kJYqNFzdL

The most common thing I see in your choices is this: Hardly Anyone uses them mate. I am specifically looking at #s 10, 9, 8, 3, 2, and your honorable mention.

10 - No one these days are patient enough to use Final Countdown and purposefully stall for 20 turns, not to mention the amount of time needed to even get the damn card in hand.

9 - I agree with Jif man. Even though this card can lead to go plays with Synchros and XYZ, no one uses this card. The same logic Jif used in his post, "No one uses MST, so should it get banned?" applies here.

8 - Again, no one uses Rai-Oh unless the deck is Stun-Senju or Anti-Meta. Hardly anyone uses Anti-Meta these days and Stun-Senju is leaning more on Lose 1 Turn than anything else. Also the Speed Spells are different between this and Black Horn with King at 2 and Horn at 3

7 - Preperation of Rites is still a good card at 1 and should not be banned, not only on the merit it would neuter the deck entirely, but also it is easy to stop with cards like Wrongful Arrest and Mistake.

6 - Raigeki be banned again? Well then what do you prefer? A card to nuke 1 side or the card that nukes all monsters and will still give the user bonuses. I am of course referring to Dark Hole, which can blow up both sides of the field AND give Shaddolls and Burning Abyss pluses. Hell Konami put Dark Hole to 2 just for Raigeki's return. Not only that, but Raigeki can be easily negated.

5 - Warning is easily negated by cards like Wiretap and not only that, it does not "Completely stop a play" as people can still work around Warning.

4 - Like with Jif's post, Vanity is uber easy to get rid of, especially when active. All you need to to destroy another card on the field, or make them send a card to the grave from the deck.

3 - Seriously? Why the ever loving mother of fuck did ya put DAD here this high? Rather, why even on the list to begin with. Again, people do not use this card and if so, it is very rare. In the time since the last format where DAD was good, I have only seen 2 people run it, and they were using Shaddolls. Plus it is seriously easy to get rid of with a Solemn Warning and/or Bottomless

2 - This monster is, once again, hardly used with the meta of today. And it is super easy to work around with cards like Bottomless, Warning, Compulse, etc...

HM - 16 words: No one uses this card, not even in modern Gravekeepers because of how bad it is

1 - Let's see Soul Charge's plus against its minuses shall we?:
Pluses
Allows some swarming and good XYZ/Synchro plays.

Minuses
Cannot go into your battle phase
Have to pay 1000 LP PER monster

You see where I am going with this? Soul CHare may have been broken at 3 when it was, but it was quickly moved to 1. This card is nothing more than a swarmer with a ridiculous cost and the fact you cannot even attack when you use it. 1000 per monster is a steep cost, especially if the user is on the end-game and has very few LP to spare.

As Jif already said Lev, you have shown us all contradiction after contradiction on this list that did not tell us why the cards should be banned, but rather the complete opposite and show us that these cards are good at 1, or why it should not be banned. Not only that, but in a lot of the cases I see, you constantly make me see 2 words: PERSONAL EXPERIENCE. Just cause this is your list, does not mean Konami will follow you to heart. I am truly sorry, but this is the brutal truth.

Hopefully you won't hate me for these words
Back to top Go down
Nublyfe
Admin
Admin
Nublyfe

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 limited cards that I want to be banned   Top 10 limited cards that I want to be banned EmptyFri Jun 05, 2015 6:44 pm

i cant say i agree with you on this one levvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv TKRO is not ban worthy without it nekroz with be even harder to stop....... mind control NOT ban worthy...final countdown should just gtfo cause its annoying... dont ban DAD is isnt the easiest to get out and its just a boss monster you need those D: vanity's could get banned since it basically just stops you from playing and works against most decks except yosenjus Razz so banning vanity's would be understandable bruh

so yuh pce m8 Very Happy
Back to top Go down
lever10
lever10

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 limited cards that I want to be banned   Top 10 limited cards that I want to be banned EmptyFri Jun 05, 2015 7:45 pm

@Zero

Really what this list was was more of the sackiest one ofs that make me salty and want banned. I found with the more experience I have with and playing against Rai-oh, the more I learn that the card is one of the most subtly broken cards. It seems like innocent anti-meta, but it is a ridiculous force that steals games. On top of that he is a floodgate, and I am one of those people that think floodgates are horrible for the game and would love to see like 20 floodgates banned randomly, even I own all of them.

DAD seems like its hard to get out, but it really isn't... especially if you design your deck for it. TeleDad shrekt shit with that, shaddolls have, blackwings... the list of decks that just dropped this and got massive advantage is insane.

@Everyone

I suppose I misnamed this. I moreso meant for this to be a top 10 list of limited cards I wanted banned. All of these cards on my list are not searchable. I have it that way because the easily searchable ones, such as infernity archfiend, are nutty at 3 but fine at 1 and are expected to be seen when they are at 1. The cards that you can just top deck or open with for game are ones I placed on here. These are moreso a list of cards that can just single handedly blowout your opponent, no skill provided. This was the basis of my list. The list was mostly blowout cards that you auto win so often and so skillessly just because you opened or top decked it (and final countdown, because honestly konami, why didn't you just outright ban the card in the first place?).

Besides bantering about how my list is different from yours, why not make a list yourself? Take a look at the limited cards, and most of them are fine at 1, look at the gishki rituals, exodia pieces, and infernity archfiend for example. They are either inconsistent, searchable, or have unecessary combos at multiple. You will find it very hard to justify putting some of those cards above things like Rai-oh and DAD.

One final note I want to leave is not all of these cards are relevant right now. Many of these cards have been repeatedly appearing and dissappearing for years now and dramatically increase the luck sacking in the game. Take a look at Mind Control for this one. This card was huge in many synchro decks. It wasn't as much of a staple when xyzs came out because it was much more difficult to use and it saw decreasingly less play. I was even considering at one point that it had no use anymore and it wouldn't be bad to put to 2, but then shaddolls came around and it was once again an auto win condition in the mirror.
Back to top Go down
Nublyfe
Admin
Admin
Nublyfe

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 limited cards that I want to be banned   Top 10 limited cards that I want to be banned EmptyFri Jun 05, 2015 10:36 pm

look at that im not a part of everyone Wink im su special( or even moar dumb) D:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 limited cards that I want to be banned   Top 10 limited cards that I want to be banned Empty

Back to top Go down

Top 10 limited cards that I want to be banned
Page 1 of 1