Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Working on reviving this place as of 5/13/19

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this week
No user
Latest topics
» Academy ships
Deck Master Custom Format Rules Emptyby Ticci Nub Kitty Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:06 pm

» Nub of the decade
Deck Master Custom Format Rules Emptyby Oshu Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:42 am

» This place man...
Deck Master Custom Format Rules Emptyby Nublyfe Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:21 am

» the post game
Deck Master Custom Format Rules Emptyby Nublyfe Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:46 am

» Nub Pic up lines
Deck Master Custom Format Rules Emptyby Nublyfe Fri May 17, 2019 4:38 pm

» Bruh I love my life. This is my Journal
Deck Master Custom Format Rules Emptyby Nublyfe Fri May 17, 2019 4:38 pm

» These are MTG decks if you say they're yugioh decks i'll LICK YOU
Deck Master Custom Format Rules Emptyby Auirex Thu May 16, 2019 2:21 pm

» Classic WoW Release date confirmed!
Deck Master Custom Format Rules Emptyby Auirex Thu May 16, 2019 12:29 am

» A thread of quotes
Deck Master Custom Format Rules Emptyby Auirex Thu May 16, 2019 12:27 am

» One of those tough decisionss you gotta make
Deck Master Custom Format Rules Emptyby Auirex Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:19 am

» Reply to this thread to die instantly
Deck Master Custom Format Rules Emptyby Auirex Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:16 am

Deck Master Custom Format Rules

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
lever10
lever10

Deck Master Custom Format Rules Empty
PostSubject: Deck Master Custom Format Rules   Deck Master Custom Format Rules EmptySun Mar 29, 2015 8:35 pm

I am posting this because there is a potential of me hosting a tournament using these set of rules in the near future. If you guys want a tournament using these rules please reply and it is that much more likely to become a thing ^^

First I would like to take a note that this has almost no similarities to the deck master duels in the anime. The only similarities is they follow the basic rules of yugioh, and the deck master is easier to summon in this format. Major differences is that the deck master MUST be on the field to use its abilities, and the deck master can not be summoned at any time; it must be tribute summoned like any other non-regular high level card.

What is Deck Master (DM) Format?

Deck Master is a custom format created by one of my somewhat old friend. This format was inspired by the commander format in Magic: The Gathering. This format follows the same basic ruling as standard Yu-Gi-Oh with some alterations that make deck building more difficult and gameplay more strategic.

The Deck Master

The Deck Master is one monster in your deck that is the most easily accessible to the player. At the start of the game, the deck master is face-up in the Deck Master Zone. Normally the deck master zone would be its own area off to the side. However when playing this format on Dueling Network the player must banish the card face-up from the deck and act as though it is not a banished card.

Restrictions of the Deck Master

1. It must be at least level 5.
2. It can not be summoned except via tribute. Monsters like Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning would not work because it can not be tribute summoned. However a player can choose Raviel, Lord of Phantasms. Despite it being a special summon, it still requires three tributes and thus it is a legal Deck Master. Monsters that also works are ones that require a specific monster to tribute, such as blue-eyes shining dragon.
3. It can not be a ritual, fusion, synchro, or xyz monster. The second rule touches up on this saying you can't choose a monster that is summoned except by tribute. This part is merely for clarification.

*Note: This monster can be summoned by means of a spell or trap card, such as advanced force, as long as it still "tribute" summons. Mausoleum of the Emporer is another card that can special summon the deck master.

Summoning/Returning of the Deck Master

No matter what the card says, the Deck Master can not be summoned under any circumstance other than tributing a monster(s). If a deck master would normally be sent to the graveyard or is removed from play, it is instead returned to the Deck Master Zone. If a card sends it to the deck or hand, then it is done so instead of sending it to the Deck Master Zone. Every time you want to re-summon your deck master requires 1000x, where x is the number of times you have already summoned a player summoned a Deck Master from the Deck Master Zone. So the first time the deck master is summoned, there is no Life Point penalty. If it is destroyed, then it can be summoned again for the cost of 1000 Life Points. The time after costs 2000 Life Points and so on.

Deck Construction Rules

It consists of a 60 card deck including the Deck Master, 15 card side deck (optional), and 15 card extra deck (optional).There is a limit to 1 copy per card. The Deck Master restricts which monsters you can use, depending on the one you chose. At least one of the following standards must be met on each of the player's printed monster cards:

1. The monster card shares the same attribute as the Deck Master.
2. The monster card shares the same type as the Deck Master.
3. The monster card shares the same archtype as the Deck Master.

For example: If a player chooses "Blue-Eyes White Dragon" as his/her Deck Master, then that player is limited to Light, Dragon, and/or Blue-Eyes/Blue-Eyed cards.

*Note: Some cards in this format are liable to be included in the archtype. Monsters that do not have the archtype in the name can be counted as the archtype. The requirement is at least one of the possible summoning requirements includes that archtype or a specific card from that archtype.

Additional Information Unrelated to the Gameplay

The reason that this is posted under the tournament section is that my first tournament is planned to use this format. I will the current tournament to end before starting this one though. I will appreciate anyone posting here or sending me a message stating if they will join the tournament. That way I can get a feel for if I can get enough players.

If there are any questions, suggestions, especially on banned cards, let me know please. You can post in this topic, preferably so others can see, or send me a message. Either way I will respond as soon as possible.

This format is an original one created by NottuLordofLight. You can find his Youtube channel in the link posted below.

https://www.youtube.com/user/NottuLordofLight
Back to top Go down
Tvbeast
Tvbeast

PostSubject: Re: Deck Master Custom Format Rules   Deck Master Custom Format Rules EmptySun Mar 29, 2015 8:52 pm

So are the summoning conditions of the deck master still apply? like tribute specific monsters
Back to top Go down
lever10
lever10

PostSubject: Re: Deck Master Custom Format Rules   Deck Master Custom Format Rules EmptySun Mar 29, 2015 9:33 pm

Tvbeast wrote:
So are the summoning conditions of the deck master still apply? like tribute specific monsters

Yes the monster keeps all summoning conditions. The second time you want to summon him its the same condition + 1 monster (any monster). So if you have raviel as your DM, he will require 3 fiends to summon. The second time you summon him, it will require 3 fiends, another monster, and 1500 life points.
Back to top Go down
P-P-Pantsu...
P-P-Pantsu...

PostSubject: Re: Deck Master Custom Format Rules   Deck Master Custom Format Rules EmptySun Mar 29, 2015 10:13 pm

IS the extra deck also ristricted to the deck masters type/attribute/archytype?
Back to top Go down
lever10
lever10

PostSubject: Re: Deck Master Custom Format Rules   Deck Master Custom Format Rules EmptySun Mar 29, 2015 10:26 pm

P-P-Pantsu... wrote:
IS the extra deck also ristricted to the deck masters type/attribute/archytype?

Yes, the extra deck is also restricted.
Back to top Go down
MrZetsu
MrZetsu

PostSubject: Re: Deck Master Custom Format Rules   Deck Master Custom Format Rules EmptyMon Mar 30, 2015 9:07 am

So if you have Fire Beast-type monster as your deck master, can you use effects like onslaught of the fire kings to summon it? Or does it need to say "tribute"?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Deck Master Custom Format Rules   Deck Master Custom Format Rules Empty

Back to top Go down

Deck Master Custom Format Rules
Page 1 of 1