Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Working on reviving this place as of 5/13/19

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this week
No user
Latest topics
» Academy ships
Should the academy continue with the role play section or just end it all together? Emptyby Ticci Nub Kitty Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:06 pm

» Nub of the decade
Should the academy continue with the role play section or just end it all together? Emptyby Oshu Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:42 am

» This place man...
Should the academy continue with the role play section or just end it all together? Emptyby Nublyfe Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:21 am

» the post game
Should the academy continue with the role play section or just end it all together? Emptyby Nublyfe Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:46 am

» Nub Pic up lines
Should the academy continue with the role play section or just end it all together? Emptyby Nublyfe Fri May 17, 2019 4:38 pm

» Bruh I love my life. This is my Journal
Should the academy continue with the role play section or just end it all together? Emptyby Nublyfe Fri May 17, 2019 4:38 pm

» These are MTG decks if you say they're yugioh decks i'll LICK YOU
Should the academy continue with the role play section or just end it all together? Emptyby Auirex Thu May 16, 2019 2:21 pm

» Classic WoW Release date confirmed!
Should the academy continue with the role play section or just end it all together? Emptyby Auirex Thu May 16, 2019 12:29 am

» A thread of quotes
Should the academy continue with the role play section or just end it all together? Emptyby Auirex Thu May 16, 2019 12:27 am

» One of those tough decisionss you gotta make
Should the academy continue with the role play section or just end it all together? Emptyby Auirex Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:19 am

» Reply to this thread to die instantly
Should the academy continue with the role play section or just end it all together? Emptyby Auirex Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:16 am

Should the academy continue with the role play section or just end it all together?

Go down 
+12
Nublyfe
Firebreath
Oshu
Valkoor
Auirex
Adele's Flip-Phone.
JessWolfa
Lunarnox
Dragonecro0987
GajeelFx
NeoNaruto
Kitty Mew Mew
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kitty Mew Mew
Kitty Mew Mew

Should the academy continue with the role play section or just end it all together? Empty
PostSubject: Should the academy continue with the role play section or just end it all together?   Should the academy continue with the role play section or just end it all together? EmptyThu Aug 27, 2015 9:14 pm

Due to recent events I've become filled with doubt that role playing was such a good idea. I've seen people become stressed out, bitter, and very argumentive. This is bad, hell with recent events other people have been rallying to make sure something is prevented. Firebreath seems stressed nearly all the time, so I wonder if we should even continue with the rp or end it all together and never do it again.

I think we are not mature for this at all. I like to see what you guys think about this issue?
Back to top Go down
NeoNaruto
NeoNaruto

Should the academy continue with the role play section or just end it all together? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Should the academy continue with the role play section or just end it all together?   Should the academy continue with the role play section or just end it all together? EmptyThu Aug 27, 2015 9:18 pm

why isn't this a poll
Back to top Go down
Kitty Mew Mew
Kitty Mew Mew

PostSubject: Re: Should the academy continue with the role play section or just end it all together?   Should the academy continue with the role play section or just end it all together? EmptyThu Aug 27, 2015 9:19 pm

Its ment for written opinions
Back to top Go down
GajeelFx
GajeelFx

PostSubject: Re: Should the academy continue with the role play section or just end it all together?   Should the academy continue with the role play section or just end it all together? EmptyThu Aug 27, 2015 9:47 pm

continue it. the end resolve might be better then the long road you've all taken in the rp.
Back to top Go down
https://satellar.forumotion.com
Dragonecro0987
Diamond
Diamond
Dragonecro0987

Character sheet
Name:
Health:
Should the academy continue with the role play section or just end it all together? Left_bar_bleue100/100Should the academy continue with the role play section or just end it all together? Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Mana:
Should the academy continue with the role play section or just end it all together? Left_bar_bleue100/100Should the academy continue with the role play section or just end it all together? Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

PostSubject: Re: Should the academy continue with the role play section or just end it all together?   Should the academy continue with the role play section or just end it all together? EmptyThu Aug 27, 2015 9:48 pm

I say the Rp section should stay.

My main reason for this is that while yes there have been a fair share of arguments that either occur in the RP Skype Chat or spill over into the Academy chatbox, they are mainly caused by lack of communication to an idea, DM issues of the DM either being strict or lax, and the feelings of being rushed.

Allow me to elaborate:

1.) Lack of Communication

I have noticed that if a plan typically is either under way or in developing, a lack of communication can kill the plan and end up resulting in one of those endless shouting matches of who is right and who is wrong that can in all honesty make everyone watching feeling uncomfortable and can lead to everyone being a little grumpy. To deal with the fact of you have a plan, I'd say either work out more so via PM services like DN, League, Skype, whatever you use that has a PM system and please keep it away from the chatbox as that can detour the new recruits whenever we get some.

2.) DM being Lax or Strict

While I can say from first hand experiences that no one truly likes having the feeling you are being controlled by the whim of some invisible force, namely in RP, This is something we need to fix. I speak mainly to one key word

Trust

Trust is key and without trust, it can lead to disastrous results. If the DM is too lax and let's say tells everyone he is planning to release the new part in his RP at a specific date, but he either gets enough free time or gets too busy and decides to post it earlier or later than expected. This can make the player be off guard and feel ripped off that the trust in the DM was floundered.

The same can be said of a DM with strict and exact measures. If they make their story go by the book with no wiggle room to develop the characters, then it ends up being an uncomfortable romp with 1-dimensional characters.

But the worst is when a DM is chill/strict for many of the chapters and the players who stay are getting use to this and then BOOM, the Dm changes to the other form and puts everyone off guard. That is total dickness especially when it leads to problem 3

3.) Having your plot idea for character development being Rushed.

Now this is something I noticed mainly of DMs when they are in a stricter mode. This is when you have a subplot in planning that adds character development and in the middle of it, the DM tells you to move it along, or face consiquences. This is a total asshole thing to do as now the person making the subplot have a feeling of being rushed to hell and back to get it done just to satisfy a DM who can and will kill a character involved if they were jerk enough to do so just to advance their story.

While I gave 3 problems, I only bring them up as to learn from SF. SF had problems with balancing, trust, and many arguments. But I say this is a good learning experience so as we can advance things and make sure not many conflicts like this occur.

All in all, I say keep the section
Back to top Go down
Lunarnox
Diamond
Diamond
Lunarnox

PostSubject: Re: Should the academy continue with the role play section or just end it all together?   Should the academy continue with the role play section or just end it all together? EmptyThu Aug 27, 2015 10:13 pm

Soul you scrub, this RP was the ONLY reason I came back to SDA. We're keeping the section. and Necro, those issues will be addressed and solved for the next rp (at least the next fire hosts)
Back to top Go down
JessWolfa
JessWolfa

PostSubject: Re: Should the academy continue with the role play section or just end it all together?   Should the academy continue with the role play section or just end it all together? EmptyFri Aug 28, 2015 4:40 am

This topic just made me laugh; Might be wise to have multiple plots in the same roleplay going, so everyone can have some personal plots going which effect the grander scheme of things down the road . But the roleplay section is a phenix it falls and will always come back.
Back to top Go down
Adele's Flip-Phone.
Adele's Flip-Phone.

PostSubject: Re: Should the academy continue with the role play section or just end it all together?   Should the academy continue with the role play section or just end it all together? EmptyFri Aug 28, 2015 8:28 am

I vote we take it down.

In recent events, I have seen that a lot of members who are part of the roleplay generally have became much more hostile, as well as this, they are constantly talking about the role-play within the chatbox, even though they have alternatives such as Skype and Titanpad. This is a real problem as a lot of our members are not part of the rp, and if we ask them to stop talking about it or move their convo elsewhere, they will generally reply with a bitter comment, followed by 'Either join the conversation or GTFO.' There is no real need for this, and I have experienced first hand what it feels like to be told that. Ffs, we have had members leave the academy due to the roleplay. There is no real need for it at all, and no matter what people say, I honestly feel like the only way to shut down this problem is to, in turn, shut down the role play section.
Back to top Go down
Auirex
Admin
Admin
Auirex

PostSubject: Re: Should the academy continue with the role play section or just end it all together?   Should the academy continue with the role play section or just end it all together? EmptyFri Aug 28, 2015 9:29 am

I think peps just need to take a damn chill pill when it comes to the RP. Like, your success in the RP isn't going to have any effect on your life. Period. And for those who believe that the RP is the only thing they've got and if they don't get what they want out of it then that's gonna mess up their lives (not saying anybody here does this but damn y'all this amount of arguing over it really makes it seem that way) then you need to take a step back and reevaluate.

tl;dr: RP isn't everything y'all just need to calm tf down.
Back to top Go down
JessWolfa
JessWolfa

PostSubject: Re: Should the academy continue with the role play section or just end it all together?   Should the academy continue with the role play section or just end it all together? EmptyFri Aug 28, 2015 9:38 am

1. Large kid change ur avatar it scares me, 2. Generally when roleplays become more god moldy because everyone can pretty much do anything. [Like really a person who can predict and dodge everythign with something called void] This is asking for hostile behavoir]. I find that at the moment its become a bout whos more powerful not about the story itself generally why i'm not interesting in joining.

Though Roleplaying can make your real life better in some cases, depending on your career path. Increasing your creativity, writting skills. You can also use some of it, as a writting portfolio [Though that might not work in a spam paradise type roleplay.
Back to top Go down
NeoNaruto
NeoNaruto

PostSubject: Re: Should the academy continue with the role play section or just end it all together?   Should the academy continue with the role play section or just end it all together? EmptyFri Aug 28, 2015 10:44 am

JessWolfa wrote:
Generally when roleplays become more god moldy because everyone can pretty much do anything.      [Like really a person who can predict and dodge everythign with something called void] This is asking for hostile behavoir].  I find that at the moment its become a bout whos more powerful not about the story itself generally why i'm not interesting in joining.

/thread summed up everything
Back to top Go down
Valkoor
Diamond
Diamond
Valkoor

Character sheet
Name: Echo Caecus
Health:
Mana:

PostSubject: Re: Should the academy continue with the role play section or just end it all together?   Should the academy continue with the role play section or just end it all together? EmptyFri Aug 28, 2015 10:52 am

Keep the RP section up ffs. This isn't about the RP at this point. This is about bad blood that has finally boiled over, and now most of us are looking for a reason. Sure, the RP dragged in some issues, but most of the reason we've been having so many problems is because everyone on this academy can't seem to get a fucking grip. Forget the RP. Forget the academy. All of you need to learn how to calm down, give constructive criticism over insults, learn how to take that criticism, and stop trying to send issues spiraling out of control when they are small at best.
Back to top Go down
Auirex
Admin
Admin
Auirex

PostSubject: Re: Should the academy continue with the role play section or just end it all together?   Should the academy continue with the role play section or just end it all together? EmptyFri Aug 28, 2015 11:04 am

JessWolfa wrote:
1. Large kid change ur avatar it scares me, .

neva.

JessWolfa wrote:
2. Generally when roleplays become more god moldy because everyone can pretty much do anything. [Like really a person who can predict and dodge everythign with something called void] This is asking for hostile behavoir]. I find that at the moment its become a bout whos more powerful not about the story itself generally why i'm not interesting in joining.

All the more reason to get new dueling Ar Pee's like necros and jishybois
Back to top Go down
Oshu
Mod
Mod
Oshu

Character sheet
Name: Kino Nagai
Health:
Should the academy continue with the role play section or just end it all together? Left_bar_bleue1000/1000Should the academy continue with the role play section or just end it all together? Empty_bar_bleue  (1000/1000)
Mana:
Should the academy continue with the role play section or just end it all together? Left_bar_bleue0/0Should the academy continue with the role play section or just end it all together? Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: Should the academy continue with the role play section or just end it all together?   Should the academy continue with the role play section or just end it all together? EmptyFri Aug 28, 2015 11:06 am

Valkoor the Puffiest Puff wrote:
Keep the RP section up ffs. This isn't about the RP at this point. This is about bad blood that has finally boiled over, and now most of us are looking for a reason. Sure, the RP dragged in some issues, but most of the reason we've been having so many problems is because everyone on this academy can't seem to get a fucking grip. Forget the RP. Forget the academy. All of you need to learn how to calm down, give constructive criticism over insults, learn how to take that criticism, and stop trying to send issues spiraling out of control when they are small at best.

i agree wiht val here, thow i am probly one of the ones val is mentioning (not sure tbh) but he has a point

id say keep the RP
Back to top Go down
Firebreath
Diamond
Diamond
Firebreath

PostSubject: Re: Should the academy continue with the role play section or just end it all together?   Should the academy continue with the role play section or just end it all together? EmptyFri Aug 28, 2015 12:38 pm

JessWolfa wrote:
You can also use some of it, as a writting portfolio

LOL Wut i didn't know this shit! And prob the only way you can use it in a portfolio is the way you Roleplay, fucking 40 pages a day nig. This shit is small shit. xD.

And honestly nigga. I told you this was a stupid idea from the start soul. No one wants the Rp away, like Valk said shit got rilled up. This was bound to happen. This always happens in an RP some big ass argument is bound to happen. Just gotta take it like champs
Back to top Go down
Auirex
Admin
Admin
Auirex

PostSubject: Re: Should the academy continue with the role play section or just end it all together?   Should the academy continue with the role play section or just end it all together? EmptyFri Aug 28, 2015 1:03 pm

Firebreath wrote:

No one wants the Rp away,

LIEEEEEEEEEES... LIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

this RP brought new life to the academy but maybe it's getting a little stale, as Jess said it's becoming more about who can become the most powerful instead of the story.

it might be time to start a brand new RP but saying no one wants it is definetly not true.
Back to top Go down
Oshu
Mod
Mod
Oshu

Character sheet
Name: Kino Nagai
Health:
Should the academy continue with the role play section or just end it all together? Left_bar_bleue1000/1000Should the academy continue with the role play section or just end it all together? Empty_bar_bleue  (1000/1000)
Mana:
Should the academy continue with the role play section or just end it all together? Left_bar_bleue0/0Should the academy continue with the role play section or just end it all together? Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: Should the academy continue with the role play section or just end it all together?   Should the academy continue with the role play section or just end it all together? EmptyFri Aug 28, 2015 1:45 pm

large kid wrote:
Firebreath wrote:

No one wants the Rp away,

LIEEEEEEEEEES... LIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

this RP brought new life to the academy but maybe it's getting a little stale, as Jess said it's becoming more about who can become the most powerful instead of the story.

it might be time to start a brand new RP but saying no one wants it is definetly not true.

erm kid the RP is going to end at chap 10.... were on chap 9 it should be done by next month ._.
Back to top Go down
Nublyfe
Admin
Admin
Nublyfe

PostSubject: Re: Should the academy continue with the role play section or just end it all together?   Should the academy continue with the role play section or just end it all together? EmptyFri Aug 28, 2015 7:25 pm

Lunarnox wrote:
Soul you scrub, this RP was the ONLY reason I came back to SDA. We're keeping the section. and Necro, those issues will be addressed and solved for the next rp (at least the next fire hosts)

^ defs end it

LMFAO jokes im kidding i wuv the lunubrox but yeah you guys should keep it and just handle the problems that arise fam
Back to top Go down
Myrtenaster
Diamond
Diamond
Myrtenaster

Character sheet
Name:
Health:
Mana:

PostSubject: Re: Should the academy continue with the role play section or just end it all together?   Should the academy continue with the role play section or just end it all together? EmptyFri Aug 28, 2015 7:31 pm

No way! We have to keep the section. Don't you guys realize that the academy would basically be dead without it? I can't understand why some people don't like it. Luke is just being annoying as usual, but you guys just don't want to join in for God knows why. Why don't you actually TRY it before you decide to take it down.
Back to top Go down
Alisae
Diamond
Diamond
Alisae

PostSubject: Re: Should the academy continue with the role play section or just end it all together?   Should the academy continue with the role play section or just end it all together? EmptyFri Aug 28, 2015 7:37 pm

And I thought it was against the rules to have RP talk in the main chat.
Back to top Go down
NeoNaruto
NeoNaruto

PostSubject: Re: Should the academy continue with the role play section or just end it all together?   Should the academy continue with the role play section or just end it all together? EmptyFri Aug 28, 2015 8:07 pm

Mew wrote:

3/4 mods role play so no one would of enforced the rule and moka & gaj don't seem to care too much about it so it's a stupid rule zz
Back to top Go down
Lunarnox
Diamond
Diamond
Lunarnox

PostSubject: Re: Should the academy continue with the role play section or just end it all together?   Should the academy continue with the role play section or just end it all together? EmptyFri Aug 28, 2015 11:44 pm

Mew wrote:

If it were against the rules to talk about RP in the main chat it should be against the rules to talk about pokemon or league in the main chat as well. This isnt just a pure yugioh acad, that would be boring.
Back to top Go down
NeoNaruto
NeoNaruto

PostSubject: Re: Should the academy continue with the role play section or just end it all together?   Should the academy continue with the role play section or just end it all together? EmptySat Aug 29, 2015 2:07 am

Lunarnox wrote:
Mew wrote:

If it were against the rules to talk about RP in the main chat it should be against the rules to talk about pokemon or league in the main chat as well. This isnt just a pure yugioh acad, that would be boring.

you can't compare the 3 because a majority of the academy already roleplays and in the slight chance that the chat is league or pokemon based(that never happens no1 talks about pokemon here) it's like 5-10 mins but you guys could talk about (and probably have) talked about your roleplay for hours and like luke said I once saw someone who shant be named (It's ulti) who told a member to either gtfo or join the conversation
Back to top Go down
Ulti-Apelio
Diamond
Diamond
Ulti-Apelio

PostSubject: Re: Should the academy continue with the role play section or just end it all together?   Should the academy continue with the role play section or just end it all together? EmptySat Aug 29, 2015 3:04 am

That's how conversation works, baka.
Back to top Go down
Nublyfe
Admin
Admin
Nublyfe

PostSubject: Re: Should the academy continue with the role play section or just end it all together?   Should the academy continue with the role play section or just end it all together? EmptySat Aug 29, 2015 7:58 pm

u guys just....................

/me jumps off a cliff
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should the academy continue with the role play section or just end it all together?   Should the academy continue with the role play section or just end it all together? Empty

Back to top Go down

Should the academy continue with the role play section or just end it all together?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next